DaveFix

IndigoVision Control Center - How to use a 3rd Party NVR?

Hello,

I use IndigoVision Control Center v13.2 and have 10 x mostly old IndigoVision IP cameras, and an IndigoVision AS4000 Compact NVR (just 1TB) all working fine at home.

Most of the cameras were produced under their old licensing scheme, and have 'E' (Enterprise level) keys - so Control Center records them fine at full frame-rate.

However, one of the cameras is of their newer licensing generation, and Control Center will only allow one of the new gen cameras to be recorded at a time. I have more IndigoVision new gen cameras gathering dust and would like to find a way to use them to replace some of my older cameras. If I add them to Control Center, I will not be allowed to record.

Is there a way I can use a third party NVR, such as Duhua, to record them but still use Control Center for monitoring and playback?

15 hours ago, DaveFix said:

Is there a way I can use a third party NVR, such as Duhua, to record them but still use Control Center for monitoring and playback?

I do not know for sure if this would work.

Motorola Solutions acquired IndigoVision in 2020.

Before this time, some of the cameras were just rebranded Dahua cameras.

I do not think IndigoVision used Dahua NVRs. So likely playback from Control Centre would not work.

It's a shame since I already have an IndigoVision NVR-AS 3000 which has an additional 5 licenses for new generation cameras - but I had to decommission it due to the energy price crisis. It has 4 x 1TB hard drives which cost a fair bit to run 24/7/365 even before UK energy prices sky-rocketed.

The Compact NVR-AS 4000 I'm using now has just a small 'laptop' style hard drive.

Pity I can't transfer the licenses from one NVR to the other...