griffonsystems

people counting software/system

does anyone have a good system that performs this task.. i have seen a few uk based companies and i think geovision has this integrated into their dvr but wanted to see if anyone has used anything good

thx

pg

Geo has it built in ... not 100% perfect though .. i tested it with cars so far and worked pretty good .. but was off a bit due to the whole range of vehicle sizes ..

I have used it on the geovision cards before seems to work ok. never had a problem.

thanks j, i forgot about march networks... i am going to explore an opportunity with them and see what happens

anyone use their stuff? nvr/dvr video analytics?

pg

The Geovision traffic counter works very well IMO if set up correctly.

I've found that the objects need to be no more than 25% of the total size of the zones. Meaning....there needs to be plenty of room in each zone for an object to pass into completely, then exit out of the other side without ever being on both sides at the same time. The larger the difference in the zone-to-object ratio the better.

When counting people I usually try to possition the camera to shoot a side shot from farther than 15 to 20 feet away if possible. This helps keep the object size from changing as it passes by.

I hope that helps.

thanks j, i forgot about march networks... i am going to explore an opportunity with them and see what happens

anyone use their stuff? nvr/dvr video analytics?

pg

We use the dvrs 4210,3108, and 3204. Work great. You'd need to contact a sales rep if you want to resell. visit their web site for the analitics info. If you just want to buy there is a list of companies on their site so you can get someone local. we are on that list out of PA.

Vigil has built-in analytics and people-counting support as well. Haven't had much chance to work with it, but I know it's there