alexis

Vertical Scrolling

I just completed installing 6 Sanyo VCC-WD8574 cameras at a commercial site.

My video looks great except for the faint, vertically scrolling, horizontal bars. My cables do partially run above a dropped celing where there are numerous fluorescent lights.

I tried to run the cable at least a foot away from the lights.

Do you think that could be the cause of the slowly scrolling bars?

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what steps I should take to correct?

I greatly appreciate any input as I am still learning.

Thanks.

Easy way to find out if its the mains from the lights interfering, try just sticking a normal table lamp in the room, then turning the tube lights off.

See if the problem goes away, if it does, you know it is the lights...

Course that would need to be done out of business hours.

Does the problem persist if you plug a camera into the dvr or whatever locally, to rule out the actual display / recording part of the system?

check for ground loop.............ae all the camera's on the same building and power supply? Grounded or not.

Do not ground the camera's.....................plug the power supply into the same strip as the DVR, did you screw a camera into a electrical wire?

I think that it's probably a ground loop. Only three of the six cameras are being affected. Those three cameras terminate to seperate transformers. I will be back at the site tomorrow and hopefully I can fix it. Does anyone have any suggestions for ground loop isolators just in case I can't find the problem. Again I aprreciate the responses!