ayalas

Bad pic with new cam.

Hello,i was wondering if this has happend to any of yall and can give me a way out of this problem.I install 3 new color cams and there about 200 feet away from the dvrs when i plug them into the dvrs the pic is bad and freezes up but when i plug it into my field monitor they look great nice pic. I tried with a difrent dvr and same problem, i tried connecting them to other slots were i have other cams (that look good) but same problem could it be the cam? They are new.PLease any advice thank you.

Sounds like a problem with the cable or connectors.

Do you get the same problem if you use the field monitor plugged in at the dvr end of the camera lead instead of at the camera?

yes thats what i meant at the end side of the dvr with the hand monitor looks good but as soon as i connected with the dvr it looses the pic.

I agree with kensplace, are you using the same cable as in other cameras ?. If yes then check the connectors the contacts of BNC male, female will be very poor.

Sounds like you may have ground loop issues. The reason it looks ok with your hand held mon. is because it's isolated from power ground. To eliminate this problem go to the camera and isolate it from any metal. I would bet your mounts are attached to metal that is grounded or you have intentionally grounded your cameras. You can easily test this by temporaraly taking your camera off the mount and placing it on a piece of cardboard to keep it from touching the mount. It dosen't take much AC on the video ground to distort the picture. If you ever see the distortion move slowly up the screen you can be sure you are seeing 60hertz hum. The reason it slowly moves up the screen is because the scan rate of a color camera is 59.94 hz, the ac power is 60 hz so they are almost in sync but not quite, hence the slowly moving bars. Of course if your camera is line locked the distortion will be stationary since the scan rate of the camera is now locked to the 60hz line frequency. Good luck!