I was looking at the DVR-16IP it seems to be very user frendly and thats what my client is looking for.It has a copy botton on the front panel so its easyer for him to be able to record events.Its in a hotel and theres always something to play back and record.A few months ago they caught an employe stealing lobster tails 12 of them a dozen.He was hiding them in the dumpster outside then hes poor little wife would come and dig them up.And this same employe owned a small sea food resturant when the word got out he was fired and his business whent down hill real fast (small town) i wonder why

Have not used the DVR-16IP you listed; however, I have the DVR-T4IP. A bit disappointing from expectations from reading specs., though I am an absolute novice.

It is easy to use but the directions are crap.

You need to watch the drop off in frame rate as you add cameras. The record rate drops in half each time you add a camera at 720 x 480. But at smaller size the rate increases back to advertised 120 frames.

Running 30 frames it records for 4 days with the 160GB hard drive so get as large as you can.

It has a propriatary player that must be used and installed on the computer you view it on, at least for me. No luck using disc on other regular players.

Search functions are easy to use but annoying because you can quickly skip over a set with double hits. (ME?) I did not use the IP due to slow internet connection to house.

Unless you're in the gaming industry, we never recommend recording @ 30FPS. Frame rates of 5-10 should be plenty to capture what you're trying to see.

The 120FPS advertised capture rate is also usually for CIF resolution, not D1.