expo

1/3 exview cameras, did i get scammed?

I bought some cameras on eBay that i'm going to be using to monitor the front of my house, i got exview chipset cameras because i thought that's one of the better cameras, am i right?

Well needless to say the picture quality is pretty low....

link;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=180034448219&rd=1&rd=1

Did i get a good deal?

As it is a no name (OEM) camera its hard to tell if the specs are correct or not .. it may not even be an Exview chip. Even if it is, there are so many versions of the Exview Chip, basically the more expensive it is the better it is.

Though going by the specs provided on that link, it is low resolution and I would take that 100' Infrared with a grain of salt .. basically it is a very budget OEM Color / IR bullet camera, not a Real Day Night camera.

I think you probably got about what you paid for....

$100 including shipping for a 420 line cam with a few IRs is about what I would be paying. That being said, I would not sell a camera like that due to the poor image quaity, lighting restrictions, and the fact that it's a fixed lens.

I believe similar cameras can be found at Lowes, Home depot, Radio shack, and the like......for about the same price.