alan1992

anyway to connect a scart cctv to a pc [edited]

i currently have 2 camera, that are connected to a switcher, which plugs into a tv via scart, is there any lead/accesory i can buy to convert the scart into a usb or something olike that, so id be able to view and record my cameras on the pc using cctv camera software?

thanks

alan

edit:'

i maybe should metion that i have a accesory that the scart lead plugs into and converts the scart into a yelow video lead

If you already have an adapter to get the composite video lead then you can get numerous composite video compatible capture cards/boxes.

You can get tv capture cards that take composite, either internal cards, or usb style, or go for a proper cctv capture card like one of the geovision cards.

CCTV cards can support more than one camera directly (if you buy a model with more than one input) so in time you could maybe connect several cams direct to the pc instead of using a switcher. TV cards usually accept only one input at a time, but if using a manual switch that is not a problem.

The cctv cards come with better software for recording/playback/monitoring (motion detection etc) than a tv card will, but obviously cost more.