Sign in to follow this  
fourtytwo

CCTV 4K WIFI Camera recommendations please

Hi all. I am looking for a 4k external camera with >90deg fov with an SD card slot, wifi interface, night vision and smart movement detection. Dont need/want ptz or zoom. would love PIR!
The object is to reduce cabling to a simple locally provided 12V only and not have any centralized NVR.
I have found such cameras for 1080p but not much higher res.

• Like 1

Hi the problem with 4K and SD card storage only is the amount of data …… a day or so storage is pointless especially if you go away for weekend or on holiday

it is better to have at least 2weeks storage to look back on

cctv is not just for crime it also helps in other ways like disputes with parcels being delivered  was it delivered or stolen also helps if someone else in the street has damage done to there cars …… it’s always good to view recordings going back more than a day or so

many of my customers like seeing the wildlife around there property…… cats playing with hedgehogs…. Foxes  and a customer sent me a picture of a albino badger and they are very rear in the uk

• Thanks 1

On 1/22/2023 at 4:54 AM, fourtytwo said:

I am looking for a 4k external camera with >90deg fov with an SD card slot, wifi interface, night vision and smart movement detection.

Also cheap cameras at a higher resolution perform awful at night.

A good brand of camera will give a specification sheet.

For 4k (8MP), you would want near 1/1.2" cmos or larger... not a tiny 1/3" or 1/2.5" cmos sensor.

In Reolink's video you can see how the person 'ghosts' into the background at points.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6Oxhxk8lxM

Ghosting happens with a cameras exposure is too long for the amount of movement. A typical reason for a CCTV camera to have a long exposure is because the imaging sensor cannot capture enough light to capture a decent image.

You can help reduce motion blur by adding external IR flood lights, but that adds extra power consumption.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the replies, in the end I opted for Reolink RLC-810A 2.8mm

This has a 1/2.49" sensor so not the best BUT it's POE 4K with IR, internal storage & "smart" movement detection so I am hoping it will meet my needs at least until something else comes along.

On 1/23/2023 at 11:17 PM, fourtytwo said:

Thanks for the replies, in the end I opted for Reolink RLC-810A 2.8mm

This has a 1/2.49" sensor so not the best BUT it's POE 4K with IR, internal storage & "smart" movement detection so I am hoping it will meet my needs at least until something else comes along.

Good luck to you.

I've found Reolink to have poor quality and doesn't let you adjust settings for better night performance.

On 1/23/2023 at 10:17 AM, fourtytwo said:

4K with IR, internal storage & "smart" movement detection so I am hoping it will meet my needs at least until something else comes along.

Hi your going to find it’s not true 4K like a lot of cheap cameras 

like in earlier post 4K with SD card is pointless you will keep loosing incidents smart motion is another problem with sd cards …… it will overwrite in a few hours

adding a Poe injector or switch would it not of been simpler and much better to of used a Poe nvr then you would not need to use the P2P reolink software which in its self is a bad thing

• Like 1

On 1/22/2023 at 5:12 AM, tomcctv said:

Hi the problem with 4K and SD card storage only is the amount of data …… a day or so storage is pointless especially if you go away for weekend or on holiday

it is better to have at least 2weeks storage to look back on

cctv is not just for crime it also helps in other ways like disputes with parcels being delivered  was it delivered or stolen also helps if someone else in the street has damage done to there cars …… it’s always good to view recordings going back more than a day or so

many of my customers like seeing the wildlife around there property…… cats playing with hedgehogs…. Foxes  and a customer sent me a picture of a albino badger and they are very rear in the uk

Hi,how are you?This is Candy from China Netvision.We are a professional surveillance provider with 15 years of experience in China.I am so glad to know you also work in the CCTV field.Can I know what brand of cameras are you using, and do you have any plans to try new brand?Our IP cameras are adopted with Mstar chipst and can support human body,vehicle detection and two-way audio,face cature,ect.You can visite our website: http://www.netvisiondvr.com/, to know more about us.

And you also can add me as whatsapp friend:+86 18580132835.

If you have any question, pls feel free to contact me.Thank you!