Vender

Audio over coax older dvr.

Hello. I have new cameras that use AoC (audio over coax) but my DVR can not support it. Is it possible to separate the audio so I can use an rca cable to plug it into my dvr audio in ports?

4 hours ago, Vender said:

Hello. I have new cameras that use AoC (audio over coax) but my DVR can not support it. Is it possible to separate the audio so I can use an rca cable to plug it into my dvr audio in ports?

Hi AOC is digital usually on the TVI platform of cameras and recorders RCA is analog 

is it not possible to get new cable to camera area and use a mic

I can, but the cameras have a mic in them already. Someone has built a DA for AoC. I know they have. I don’t think theses AoC cameras are really known?  I can not find much on them. Schematic?  I would build something but just figured someone already did it. Is this a proprietary technology? It’s very difficult to even find a DVR that says audio over coax capable. Even the camera does not say audio over coax. It does have a mic. 

1 hour ago, tomcctv said:

Hi AOC is digital usually on the TVI platform of cameras and recorders RCA is analog 

is it not possible to get new cable to camera area and use a mic

The cable is analog 

33 minutes ago, Vender said:

I can, but the cameras have a mic in them already. Someone has built a DA for AoC. I know they have. I don’t think theses AoC cameras are really known?  I can not find much on them. Schematic?  I would build something but just figured someone already did it. Is this a proprietary technology? It’s very difficult to even find a DVR that says audio over coax capable. Even the camera does not say audio over coax. It does have a mic. 

You are right there is a converter but you’re not only doing audio over coax you also have video …. Converter’s can’t split them up 

Aoc cameras have been out a long time it’s nothing new but it is only digital on tvi and on some cvi ahd units

your problem is also going to be converting the data (digital signal) to analog on recorder

On 2/3/2023 at 5:13 PM, tomcctv said:

????  How can that be …… it depends on signal type

So a new DVR if I want audio. Crap. It may not be new technology but still very little information when I Google. 

1 hour ago, Vender said:

So a new DVR if I want audio. Crap. It may not be new technology but still very little information when I Google. 

Hi it is a new dvr and it needs to be the hikvision

1 hour ago, tomcctv said:

Hi it is a new dvr and it needs to be the hikvision

I’m finding some saying AoC by Zosi. Is it proprietary? Because they do not mention it in their camera adds. 

8 minutes ago, Vender said:

I’m finding some saying AoC by Zosi. Is it proprietary? Because they do not mention it in their camera adds. 

Hi do you know the make of your camera

at the moment your camera will be CVBS (analog) to match your recorder …. Your camera will also have a HD digital signal something like TVI …CVI … or AHD   Most were TVI and AHD formats that are compatible with each other CVI is a dahua format you will get video but no audio

i would look at a munufactuers make than a rebadged unit like zosi

hikvision or a TVT 4 in 1 recorder as a replacement 

how many cameras do you have 

5 hours ago, tomcctv said:

Hi do you know the make of your camera

at the moment your camera will be CVBS (analog) to match your recorder …. Your camera will also have a HD digital signal something like TVI …CVI … or AHD   Most were TVI and AHD formats that are compatible with each other CVI is a dahua format you will get video but no audio

i would look at a munufactuers make than a rebadged unit like zosi

hikvision or a TVT 4 in 1 recorder as a replacement 

how many cameras do you have 

I have 8 cameras. 4 are 4K and I just bought these because they said they had audio. After taking one apart they do Have microphones. My ZOSI DVR does not support AoC. It is fine no audio at least in the future I have the option. I wanted the audio because we have lots of wildlife and was going to capture some audio. Maybe when I have time I will make a board to get the audio to analog output or get a new DVR. The ZOSI interface is actually not bad and works well over the internet. the add does not say much about audio but I can confirm they do have microphones. 
ZOSI 4PACK 1920TVL 1080P HD TVI Security Cameras 120ft Night Vision CCTV Cameras Home Security Day/Night Waterproof Camera for 720P,1080P,5MP,4K HD-TVI Analog DVR Systems

Hi making a converter is not going to work 

so you cameras are tvi so this will be your problem with making a converter 

first the digital video signal second the audio signal and 3rd the tvi command menu signal otherwise you will have no command on tvi cameras

tvi is a hikvision product it would be cheaper to just buy a 4K dvr 

15 hours ago, tomcctv said:

Hi making a converter is not going to work 

so you cameras are tvi so this will be your problem with making a converter 

first the digital video signal second the audio signal and 3rd the tvi command menu signal otherwise you will have no command on tvi cameras

tvi is a hikvision product it would be cheaper to just buy a 4K dvr 

Agreed. Sounds like I should just buy a Hikvision?  I wonder if Zosi stole Hikvisions audio over coax and that’s why Zosi will not get back to me. They really are decent cameras. Great picture quality. I can live without audio. I could use the microphone in the camera with some modding. I am guessing they are all built in the same factory and just rebranded. China. 😀. Thanks for your help!