Sign in to follow this  
nvrcampoe

IP cameras setup

hi,

sorry am going to ask a basic question as i was/am assuming IP cameras can be directly connected to an nvr? Or is a switch AND a router needed? I was also assuming that the internet is not needed ? I have other cameras which are IP and non ip, just not IP cameras that are not the same brand as the nvr until now. And they have all worked without internet also.

I realise it is a very basic question,but was assuming a direct connection from Ip camera to nvr would work and am currently stuck and cameras will not work

Pls help

Thanks in advance

regards

5 hours ago, nvrcampoe said:

I realise it is a very basic question,but was assuming a direct connection from Ip camera to nvr would work and am currently stuck and cameras will not work

Hi yes your right cameras can be connected direct to nvr and without network

but your nvr and your cameras must be Poe some nvrs and cameras are not 

check size of power supply on nvr this will let you know if Poe or not 

hi,

Thanks for your reply,its really appreciated,i know it was a very basic question.

Have checked all and they are all definitely POE cameras and the switch is also a POE switch.They are POE IP cameras.

I have connected just 1 of the cameras to the POE switch at PORT 1, the switch shows green leds for Power,Uplink.And an ethernet cable to connected from the Uplink port on the switch to the "Internet" Port on the Dahua NVR

I have previously connected cameras to the Dahua GUI 4.0 NVR,and saw that the previous cameras had IP addresses in a series from 10.1.1.65 onwards - i think the **switch has an ip address in the NETWORK section of the Dahua GUI 4.0 section of:

10.1.1.1            IP address

255.255.255.0  subnet mask

10.1.1.1            default gateway 

is there a conflict as that series of IP addresses were used by the Dahua NVR for the previous cameras before* as mentioned just above i added the switch??  Is the newly added TPlink switch using the same IP address as the previously connected cameras  10.1.1.1 series which i am guessing might be the IP address of the NVR itself [have no idea,just a thought]?

Have tried them as "private",  "ONVIF"

USING  192.168.1.10   Which is supposed to be the IP cameras default IP address  port 37777,  or   rstp custom 554,  port 80 - combinations of these,and will not connect and display any video.

Have no idea of what to try now.

The dahua nvr is now picking it up correctly with default address but no video

Any help is appreciated

Thank you

DSCN0869.JPG

DSCN0859.JPG

DSCN0874.JPG

DSCN0878.JPG

DSCN0879.JPG