Sign in to follow this  
DarrenA

DH-IPC-HFW2831SP-S-S2 (Help with my cams)

Hello all, I have a issue and I hope someone here can lend a hand..... I bought these cams a while back as spares for my NVR system. That said today I needed one of them and when I went to use the tools the cam said it required, I was able to init the cams with login and password along with my email, I could SEE the cam in said tool but when I went to modify the IP it appeared to work but the IP is still 192.168.1.108 in the program and I can not view the cam in the Smart PSS software (as it sees it as the default IP) I tried both cams and same result. At this time I am not even sure I have the right software to be honest. It is config tool 5.(some string of ling ass numbers)

I bought these as they were Onif compatible and my GW security NVR works well with that format.  I am at this time a little lost to be honest, and could use a guiding hand.

Thank you for the reply. I bought these New from Ebay, and they sat on a shelf for a couple months ish...   Never received any software for the cams, Just a QR code that reads as nothing on my phone. Not sure where to attempt to look other than here for help to be honest. Never used this "brand" of cams before but reviews showed they were great. I must have missed a step or something is the only thing I can guess.

On 2/14/2023 at 3:48 AM, DarrenA said:

Hello all, I have a issue and I hope someone here can lend a hand..... I bought these cams a while back as spares for my NVR system. That said today I needed one of them and when I went to use the tools the cam said it required, I was able to init the cams with login and password along with my email, I could SEE the cam in said tool but when I went to modify the IP it appeared to work but the IP is still 192.168.1.108 in the program and I can not view the cam in the Smart PSS software (as it sees it as the default IP) I tried both cams and same result. At this time I am not even sure I have the right software to be honest. It is config tool 5.(some string of ling ass numbers)

I bought these as they were Onif compatible and my GW security NVR works well with that format.  I am at this time a little lost to be honest, and could use a guiding hand.

Ask for support from the vendor you buy from. 

On 2/14/2023 at 3:48 AM, DarrenA said:

If not maybe I can assit you.

You got the IP right? log into the IP camera, set to DHCP, IP camera will auto grab what's assign to the camera, go back smartpss and search. I wll auto assign the IP and gateway.

Well I will post this as closed. I was able to get the configuration to "stick" BUT I could NOT use the Config tool from Dahua to make the changes. I HAD to go to a random PC with base address 192.168.1.XXX through a switch into the Cameras port, Then go into the WEB UI on the camera to make the changes and force them to stick that way. What a run around to get these to reconfigure the IP. All is working and is good. I just wanted to report my fix.