Sign in to follow this  
BobPlayAnything

Best mic on IP camera with web interface acess

Hello everyone,

I do have specific needs for my company. We are a theater that has no intercom and we want to setup a good audio setup between the stage and the dressing room. My theater is quite recent so we have ethernet plugs everywhere in the building The whole thing goes into the server room where everything is plugged in a unmanageable switch. I was thinking on adding a poe ip camera that have a built in microphone so i can monitor sound and video from the dressing room with a pc hooked up to a tv accessing the live feed on a web interface. Do you guys know any good sounding mics in ip camera ? Video is less of a concern to us. Also getting a mic and speakers hooked up is another option but i would rather use a camera with a built in microphone or a camera that supports adding a microphone if all built in mic sound terrible. I'm already gonna invest in a poe switch that could power the thing. What do you guys think ?

On 2/28/2023 at 11:15 AM, BobPlayAnything said:

I was thinking on adding a poe ip camera that have a built in microphone so i can monitor sound and video from the dressing room with a pc

Do you not see the problem in doing this ?