GiovanniG11

Expert's opinion needed: worth repair a HDW4431EMP with no packets from ethernet?

HI! Before deciding if it's worth to try repair I would love to hear your opinions, thanks!

The camera powers on with PoE and 12V, the internal LED goes on, it reacts properly to the bright/dark condition, pressing the reset reacts too, keep pressing it looks to reset configuration (the internal led stay off longer).
The problem is that doesn't transmit data, I?ve connected it to a pc by a patch cord, the link on PC goes up, I turned on sniffer on ethernt but I don't see input packets, after hard reset it shuld reply to 192.168.1.108 but doesn't. This test was made powering camera with 12V.
When It was connected to the PoE switch, which unfortunatly I don't have here, the PoE led was on, half seconf after connecting cable, but the link was off, this is not normal.

I was thinking abou the problem of the ethernet PoE transformer, s16503 G, but I measured it with ohm meter and the coils seams ok, all of them report about 0,4ohm to the central tip, I was guessing to find one opened but not, integral. So I'm not sure if it is that, the faut device, I'm start thinking about the ethernet chip.
This camera was placed indoor in a lived apartment, perfect conditions with constant 25°, the only thing that may happen is a bad electric impulse which wasn't filtered by switch PoE, the transformer is the first device that could be hit by it, I supposed it will "open", can it be spoiled? Changing it is not expensive, I need to order on aliexpress, but it worths? I dubt a transformer may be spoiled, but the fact that lin gos up with 12v but doesn't on PoE switch makes me thing. Did you have the same experience?

image.png.f9a2e479b79bd34c2bf7229734f5cf72.png

4 hours ago, GiovanniG11 said:

When It was connected to the PoE switch, which unfortunatly I don't have here, the PoE led was on, half seconf after connecting cable, but the link was off, this is not normal.

Or you could of simply just used the cameras software

if it has been used before you have no clue on cameras iP range …… then you have password problems….. just connecting to pc does not mean it’s done

POE ….. indicator lights will show with data and power …….. no data path ( wrong IP) lights go out

Hi, thanks for reply, there are no packets coming out from ethernet, there is a fault hardware, on ethernet side (chip driver or transformer), Maybe the TX pair since camera doesn't trasmit anything (neither P2P attempt connection to server, or NTP, etc.), but the link on my PC goes up.. or, eventually, the RX pair
I would know if transformer may do that malfunction, or the ethernet chip is compromised

I guess you acquired this camera used. Find the hard reset procedure to return to factory defaults, another possibility is dead battery (some cams have them for config). Chances of Ethernet hardware fault pretty low.