Sign in to follow this  
Ernie Douglas

PTZ Upgrade Suggestions

Hi, I have had some great help on here with an upgrade to the DVR on a two camera system that I inherited when we bought a new property a couple of years ago.  Going foreward I will need to add some additional cameras but before I can do that I will need to run some additional cables.  

However, in the short term I need to upgrade one of the PTZ cameras that is already installed.  The existing camera is inside a shed, circa 18m x 18m x 7m in size.  The existing camera just shows a black screen when the lights are off and so I would like to upgrade this camera to one that has night vision.  The existing camera (obviously) already has power going to it and the signals to and from the camera are via CAT5e cable back to the DVR.  I would like to keep this camera as a PTZ as the primary reason I want night vision is to monitor animals.

I have attached a picture of the existing camera.

Thanks

Ernie

Camera 2.jpg

I searched on here for suggestions for livestock cameras and farm cameras.  All I got was suggestions on what type of system (wireless vs wired etc).  No suggestions on particular brands, models or vendors.  Do I assume that folks on here don't do recommendations?

Ernie