Rudie

No bitrate message

Hi

im running an onyx 16ch apollo 4x with 15 2.4mp cams running coax cables using TVI.

issue i have is that after a power cut/reboot, a couple of cams never come back online

DVR sub window is blank and the log says No Bitrate (enc) and channel number

if i power cycle the DVR, all cams may come back on but alternatively another 2 cams will be offline.

is there any setting changes i need to make? The encoding is the same for all channels- bitrate type is VBR

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi ok that is the no fuse type (auto reset)

I have had problems with them in the past and they do start getting weak over time 

if you don’t have a lot of power cuts then I surgest removing the red and black wires power connection in the power supply for two cameras ….. switch all back on and then reconnect the two wire in power supply while still on

the power supply is just on its limit and when starting 16 cameras at the same time it struggles removing two cameras first gets past this problem

were are you located

hi, ive done this in the past but fiddly when im in that power supply as its quite tight

i was hoping there was a more perm fix

i did notice that the internal switch next to the red/black connectors doesnt actually do anything when flicked back n forth? not sure what this is for - maybe a reset switch?

based in midlands.