Paulski

HD-CVI bullet camera to SD?

Hi,

i am using 3 HD-CVI bullet cameras for a non security purpose. They are connected with RG59 coax cables to a computer with 3 separate feeds.

The cameras support 4 different modes but I can’t figure out how to change the cameras modes. The signal going into the computer has to be SD and I need all three signals all the time. 

i purchased a UTC 820 camera controller but I can’t get it to change the camera output.

i am wondering if I can access the camera OSD using a DVR, change the mode and then plug it into the computer?

any other suggestions?

It is a capture card with a connector that allows for 4 BNC inputs. I am not sure on the make but the entire computer is a proprietary build so I don´t want to change it. The software doesn´t support HD video so I can´t go that route anyways.

I have attached the spec sheet on the cameras I have (I had to reduce the quality of the file to allow it to be uploaded)

Thanks

CAM-IC9715-A-Z-IRE (small).pdf

Hi is the pc also used for something else ??? And is the pc networked

on a old pci capture card you will probably only have cif or D1 resolution so going 5mp hd analog is not going to look good on your monitor 

I would buy a cheap 4 in1 dvr 5mp and network them both together ….. this way you will have full 5mp and audio and all settings to camera like contrast brightness colour settings 

No the computer is only being used for the one task.

that was my thought to buy a cheap 4-1 DVR, use the OSD to change the camera setting from HD-CVI to CVI using the DVR and then unplug the cameras from the DVR and back into the computer.

will any 4-1 DVR work or do I need to look for something specific?

thanks!

paul

57 minutes ago, Paulski said:

that was my thought to buy a cheap 4-1 DVR, use the OSD to change the camera setting from HD-CVI to CVI using the DVR and then unplug the cameras from the DVR and back into the computer.

Hi …… HD and SD. Are high def and standard def ….. this would not help you … cvi tvi ahd are all digital signals and can’t work on your capture card as it’s analog only als HD and SD is not a analog option

if your pc is only used for your cameras then 4in1 dvr is the better option and much better quality plus view from any device 

dvr and monitor is the same as using pc and monitor

any 4in 1 will work just make sure it’s a 5mp 4in1 dvr
also something to look at …. Your cvi cameras don’t need a power supply as there power over coax so will start saving you money on power over time