sitchey

Adding new cameras to Hikvision

I have a DS-7216HUHI-K2 / P hikvision 16 4k channel pvr. 

At present I have 9 PoC cameras connected (with all 16 ports enabled) to the system. I wanted to add 2 more but am struggling. Ive created new leads from the same cable, and bought in pre made leads, but the cameras are never detected or come on. 

I'm not sure if the new cameras need to be enabled, switched on etc to make work? Or if there is only specific cameras that work. I've tried x3 different camera models and none worked

THC-T250 5MP 2.8mm Turbo 

HDTHC-T250 5MP 2.8mm Turbo 

HDUHD 4K 8MP DS-2CE78U1T-IT3F UK 

Is there a specific camera that works with this pvr or is there something I'm missing in the setup to enable the cameras?

Hi …. All you need to do is add power to the cameras you have listed …. A seperate power supply because the cameras you have listed are not POC

Ok thanks. Had given supplier my pvr unit and told me they were compatible. I'll return them and look for poc

Thanks

6 hours ago, sitchey said:

Ok thanks. Had given supplier my pvr unit and told me they were compatible. I'll return them and look for poc

Thanks

Hi they are compatible…… poc just means power over coax …… all you need is a power supply to each camera

I'll swap them over. Wouldnt be able to get long power cables dropped in where the new cameras are going