spyguy

opinions on Luxon cameras?

Hello,

I am wondering if anyone has experience with Luxon brand cameras?

If I am reading the specification correctly this particular camera seems to be very comparable to the Panasonic vandal dome.

I've seen them in person but not used them on an installation yet. The demo looks great (what's new).

http://www.luxonvideo.com/products.php?navigate=product&productid=VD55V49DN&categoryid=Cameras

Would I be sacrificing on quality if I offered this as an alternate to the Panasonic model?

Its not comparable to the Pano WDR dome .. this one is not a True Day Night so you get washed out colors in the day .. not a True BW mode also .. and doesnt have WDR ... its a decent dome for the price which i imagine is half that of the Pano and less than the Sanyo .. but it is OEM (S Korea) .. so you take your chances there.

The Demo software is good though .. but they could use some better cameras ..

Edited by Guest

I was wondering about that.... They do sort of have that OEM look to them and their packaging.

My main concern was would I be replacing these on warrantee in 6 months. I hadn't considered that they were not true day/night as well.

Thanks Rory!

They're from a S Korean Manu that does alot of the mid range OEM for many US companies ... small and large .. so the actuall product is not bad .. you can get versions of the cameras with an Mechanical IR Cut Filter as is listed on their site ..i just wonder why they chose the nasty looking ones for a demo .. or they could just be very dirty ...

If I remember correctly the versions with the Mech IR Cut Filter dont have DSS and SDNR .. the specs are a bit confusing .. If I have a chance ill check the manu's site out again to verify .. or you could email Luxon .. im sure they can assist.

I do like the DVR demo client software though ..

would like to know which DVR that is and the pricing ..

seems it hasnt been added yet though so probably new.

I thought it looked pretty good too.

I have begun marketing the DVR's as a Geovision alternate to my clients that prefer to avoid PC based systems. I've not sold one yet but I expect to in the near future.

From what I've seen in the demo rooms I like the product and the SAVS compression format seems to do a good job....although I have not seen a system in use, with a drive that's full of data so I can't say I believe in it yet.