baywatch

repeatit wireless

Anyone used this type of bridge before? We are thinking of using it for the project below.

http://www.wirelesspro.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=393

We have to provide a wireless lan from the top of a lighthouse (land based) to the office block below (only about 30 yards). We must do it externally as the walls & floors are really thick stone, its not possible to cable it internally either.

Any opinions gratefully received.

Well by the number of replies I guess none of you guys have used this stuff.

Just to report system is up & running with lighthouse people controlling IP ptz cameras over the bridge.

Easy to set up & the customer is delighted.

Well, sorry I missed this one. I would have told you that would be perfect for what your wanting to do. +19db gain is more than enough for only 30 yards line of sight.

In fact, just to let you know, with the +19db gain, you could mount the antenna's inside that wall and still get good signal (grin)

Just curious, what stopped you from chucking a heavy duty (suitable for outdoor use etc) cable down the 30 yard drop, and having it wired?

The customer would not allow any cabling down the outside of the lighthouse tower.

I don't think it would work thru the walls as they are at least 10 foot thick solid stone.

The customer would not allow any cabling down the outside of the lighthouse tower.

I don't think it would work thru the walls as they are at least 10 foot thick solid stone.

Wow, that is thick! I dont know which would be worse, 10 foot thick solid wall or standard cinder block filled with lead based paint! (my house is so old!)