griffonsystems

canare ts100 coax stripper

has anyone used this coax stripper? my cheapo has made it about a year and has been fine but im thinking about upgrading to a good one... any suggestions? i think this one runs about 60-70bucks which is a bit more than the 15buck one i use

ive done a bit more digging on this and they say canare tools only work on canare cable which i sorta find hard to believe - its all shielded coax but ok.. i have also checked into Xcelite's coax stripper and have used it before (its very good and easy to use) -- what does everyone else use?

regular cutters .. same old ones ive had from my alarm days .. oh yeah and if I dont have them on me .. teeth or whatever else i can find ..

I use a set of tools from rs components, stripper part no rs 739-540, also crimp and coax cutter.

Probably cost a bomb new, got them from ebay for about 3 quid, say about 8 quid in total with postage.

Used to use whatever I had handy before, another teeth stripper

Love the proper tool though, cuts perfect pretty much every time, just stick the cable in turn one way then the other, remove cable, pull and its all stripped back perfectly - the right lenght every time.

Adjustable to, removable blades so you can have different cable heads setup, find it hard to imagine going back to life without one now!

I have an no-name stripper and crimp set I got from one of my suppliers, I use this on a very consistent basis and have never had a problem. i simply take care of all my tools and they tend to last...

PS I did an installation last night and guess what I used to strip my power wire .....My teeth....Works everytime....