cachecreekcctv

Wireless Cam for Neighbor

A neighbor of mine came up to me today , and asked if it were possible for me to put up a camera on my house, to watch his house. Never thought of that before, but I do have cameras watching my driveway, etc. that do view most of his house, about 100 feet away ( none wireless though ). Since my business background has no "wireless transmission" in it, I thought I would bring this up to the forum to see what sort of answers I could get. Looking away from ones' residence is one thing, but looking AT it is something else. Neighbor is across the street, at an angle to my view. Is it possible for simple wireless transmitter and receiver to go just a short distance? without spending thousands of $$?? Any suggestions? Thanks!!

Videocomm and Videolarm both make good wireless products.

I think you could get it done for less than "thousands"....but it's not going to be cheap.

What is the approximate distance that you'll need to send the signal?

I would need to send the signal about 100 feet to my neighbors' house. I might try one of the cheap 2.4Ghz transmitters I see on Ebay. Just not going to spend too much money on this, since it is not for me. I see wireless transmission projects, including some Pelcos and Vicons , on Ebay once in awhile.