rory

Video Signal Analysis Tools

http://www.fmsystems-inc.com/prod_detail.cfm?pid=228

http://www.difinitron.com/vm417.html

http://www.cernium.com/checkVideo.asp

These are products for testing video signals, and also focusing.

Here is one that is neat, though doesnt seem to have the focus feature:

http://www.goodome.com/beta/english/e_product_view.php?ptype=4&no=85

Has anyone here used them, any comments, reviews, and also, anyone know of any others that are out there besides these 3?

These are links to Manufacturer's sites, if you have a link to a product please post the manufacturer's site .. thanks

Rory

Rory,

Just came across the EWM40 from elbex; at first look a great measurement instrument for cctv cameras.

(see www.elbex.com)

Just want to know who tested this one, and what the comments are.

Thnx

There is also this one from MCM Electronics. MCM Part #: 82-11560

That is the Repport337 posted above, looks cool huh.

I am liking that EWM40, before it was the RAPPORT337 but the EWM40 seems like more for about the same.

Edited by Guest

Hi Collin,

As you were using the former version of the EWM40, I'm really interested to know how well this is performing.

Can you elaborate on the pro's and con's of this equipment?

Thanks,

Oh, it's a Wonwoo! (High end MCM)

......and expensive. Anyone know the price (US) for it and that EWM40?

I am liking that EWM40, before it was the RAPPORT337 but the EWM40 seems like more for about the same.

They are two completely different products.

Hi Collin,

As you were using the former version of the EWM40, I'm really interested to know how well this is performing.

Can you elaborate on the pro's and con's of this equipment?

Thanks,

I have never used anything related to the EWM40 or the RAPPORT337, which also I have no knowledge of relation to each other.

Oh, it's a Wonwoo! (High end MCM)

......and expensive. Anyone know the price (US) for it and that EWM40?

It says $549 at CEpro but I noticed MCM made the posting.

I do think it's a cool product and maybe not more for same with the EWM40, I'm thinking the EWM40 will be quite a bit more.

They are two completely different products.

Yeah I know, I am now further considering purchasing the EWM40. The previous statement does kinda make it sound like the two were related.

I have used the FM Systems Camera Master and I don't think much of it. The readings are inaccurate and jump around so much as to make it unuseable for focus or signal levels. I find that a good oscilloscope is far better.

I'll agree that focusing can be problematic with the Cam Master, as the readings do tend to jump around all over the place, but I have not had any problems with the readings jumping around when using it for measuring signal levels. I have no way to verify if they are accurate or not.

Doug

I have used the FM Systems Camera Master and I don't think much of it. The readings are inaccurate and jump around so much as to make it unuseable for focus or signal levels. I find that a good oscilloscope is far better.

I've compared the measurements to an accurate scope and they are way off, even with a clean signal.

I'll agree that focusing can be problematic with the Cam Master, as the readings do tend to jump around all over the place, but I have not had any problems with the readings jumping around when using it for measuring signal levels. I have no way to verify if they are accurate or not.

I contacted the company in NY and this unit was just placed on their web site. He said he will contact me back regarding priceing etc. I see it does have a WFM and vetorscope, so I would gather a $2k price wouldn't be out of the question.

Ok, after a few phone calls and a e-mail directly to Japan;

$2540 (dealer) for the EWM-40 direct from Elbex.

(I do have the owners manual if you want to PM me.)