smpl_gy

March Networks 4316 vs Intellex DVMS16000

Currently, my company has decided to trial the march networks 4316 alongside the current Intellex at one of their sites. I am extremely familiar and versed with the Intellex and it will take quite a bit to sway me from that position...Does anyone have any experience with both these products and can give me an honest opinion on the advantages and disadvantages both??...

Thanks...

Intellix will give you more features but the march is better made, it has guilt in ups and the IP support is reasonable, i use march only becasue of the awesome POS engine, they are very stable but very expensive

I figured that much....I think the Intellex is much more user friendly and anyone can spend a few minutes with it and understand how to do basic functions...I visited the location with the march set-up and I had a very hard time figuring out how do do basic things such as search etc...We'll see how my company likes it...I'm still hard set on the Intellex and American Dynamics....

I just recently posted a similar request: March Networks vs Verint. Has your opinion changed about March vs Intellex?

How many locations are you going to be rolling out to? I've got some experience with March Networks Enterprise Management Suite and its OK but I'd like to hear about how others manage a fair size install base of DVR/NVRs.

Everyone's always talking about the features or Analytics/Motion Detection, POS ect and these are all great but I just want to know when I need to dispatch someone to fix something......before I get the call that there's no video because the camera was down/HD failed/unit wasn't working. Everything I've seen seems to be OK for say 100 DVRs but once you get more than that installed managing the DVRs, Cameras and whatever else is connected to them becomes an issue.

With all the new features everyone is touting about Analytics ensuring your install base is running efficiently becomes even more of a priority in my opinion as it’s kind of hard to get any useful analytics out of a bad camera or non functioning system.

DVRs/NVRs or whatever you want to call them are not just a security tool anymore, they are going to be used by operations and marketing and being an admin of these systems that just means more people to yell at me when something isn’t working