Hi all new on here so be good to me lol

i have just bought a dvr card and prog to fit to my pc, new of ebay, well it all works fine but wont record, at the bottom of the screen it says 'DISC OCCUPIED' i do have a tv/radio card installed on my pc so thinking this was the problem took it out and all the drivers etc but still get the same message, also there seems to now way of adjusting the cameras lighting/contrast colour etc can this be done ?? sorry if this sounds dumb but i am new to all of this (and getting on a bit)

my pc has an 80 gig hd a 1.6 proccer 512mb ram

thanks

jem

Jem, how long do you run the surveillance system already? If the Harddisk is fulled with record file, the software can't record also. So i advise you clear the record file to see whether the system record again.

Sherry

www.ortvision.com

Get your money back. Most Dvr cards on e bay are junk!

What brand of card and software would be nice?

Go with a brand that you see mentioned here on this forum and you'll have no problems.

also make sure you are using its recycle mode .. may be called something different than that but basically it needs to be able to go back to the start and record over or delete older files then record from that point again .. with cheap cards sometimes you need to change the Windows Recycle Bin settings to "Remove Files Immediately When Deleted" .. otherwise the disk may fill up.

Rory

Hi all new on here so be good to me lol

i have just bought a dvr card and prog to fit to my pc, new of ebay, well it all works fine but wont record, at the bottom of the screen it says 'DISC OCCUPIED' i do have a tv/radio card installed on my pc so thinking this was the problem took it out and all the drivers etc but still get the same message, also there seems to now way of adjusting the cameras lighting/contrast colour etc can this be done ?? sorry if this sounds dumb but i am new to all of this (and getting on a bit)

my pc has an 80 gig hd a 1.6 proccer 512mb ram

thanks

jem

is it a KMC4400 or KMC8800 cards?

for these 2 cards,they need u share disc(s) to prepare for record.or it cannnot b installed rightly.