Scruit

Mailman leaves me more than the mail...

This is MY cctv at MY house TODAY (Dec 4th).

Listen carefully when he disappears off the lower right corner.

Video may be NWS for sound.

Should I call it in to the postmaster?

No I would disconnect the internet and get medical help before using it again.

It's been about 10 years since I emigrated from England, and I'm apparently no longer understanding British humor.

Thats not humour, its sensible advice.

IF that really is your video, and if that really is a genuine postal worker (it loks to me like a normal bloke faking it though) then the last thing you should do is post it on youtube.

Privacy issues? Legal issues?

Seriously you are (if its genuine, which I dont think it is) opening yourself up to all sorts of possible legal issues. My point being, if its real, you are shoult disconnect and get medical help until stable enough not to do something silly.

Thats not humour, its sensible advice.

IF that really is your video, and if that really is a genuine postal worker (it loks to me like a normal bloke faking it though) then the last thing you should do is post it on youtube.

Privacy issues? Legal issues?

Seriously you are (if its genuine, which I dont think it is) opening yourself up to all sorts of possible legal issues. My point being, if its real, you are shoult disconnect and get medical help until stable enough not to do something silly.

What expectation of privacy does he have, standing on private property he doesn't own, in view of a public road, in broad daylight, and standing 3 feet from 3 non-concealed cameras?

I also did NOT post the other 2 cameras that caught him in enough detail to identify him and his license plate. In the rural US was have mail carriers who drive POVs (and actually drive in the british side of the car so they can reach mailboxes) The orange light and "US MAIL" sign on the back of his car is not really visible form this camera.

Here in the US a person in a public place has no expectation of privacy. We also don't concern ourselves with holding the rights of those who act in bad faith above the rights of those who act in good faith.

Wanna know if it's genuine? See the other post on the same forum "example of vdideo output" etc. Recognise the camera angle?

I really don't care for you accusing me of being unstable. If you have something say then say it, don't hide behind arrogance or sarcasm.

I probably would not turn him in. Although I would confront him about it if you have the chance to be home while he arrives. I would tell him "Urine trouble buddy" (Pun intended). If he gets smart I would turn him in then, along with a copy of the video.

As for the privacy issue. There is none, except. Some states have laws for audio recording that the person being recorded has to be notified. I would look into that before notifying anyone in case there are repercussions towards you for the audio. The video end has no restrictions outdoors on your property.

It's hard to believe that someone would do that on a persons property in front like that. He should have pulled over down the road or gone to a bathroom at a business if one is close. Anything other than relieving himself on your bushes.

Put up a sign that says "No Public Urinating", something like that.

Without an actual confrontation he will know you know and hopefully not do it again, in your yard at least.

Or maybe install one of those little electric fences that keep animals from eating your plants around your bushes.

While there is no legal expectation of privacy for visual acts, there can be a reasonable expectation of privacy for audio. So yes, there can be a reasonable expectation of privacy in public.

While there is no legal expectation of privacy for visual acts, there can be a reasonable expectation of privacy for audio. So yes, there can be a reasonable expectation of privacy in public.

I have a 6"x4" sign (red on yellow) on my front door that says:

WARNING: 24h CCTV

AUDIO AND VIDEO

MONITORED REMOTELY

RECORDED OFFSITE

Once a person reaches my door the camera is pretty obvious so I'm not worried about giving away the tactica advantage, so to speak. Also, my property is set back 150' from the road and the cameras only show my own property (it does show cars passing on the main road but in such little detail you can't even tell make/model). Nobody who is on public property can be seen or heard on my CCTV. Only people who come onto the property.

In other news, I got the IR illuminator, ir lens and new BW 480tvl 0.01lux camera all ready to install tomorrow. I'll use my existing 75mm zoom lens with that and should be able to capture license plates day or night wihtout worrying about ambient light or dazzling headlights. Will only capture cars that drive down my driveway, so no privacy concerns there.

Biggest issue I'll have with that is setting up the filed of view for the camera. The closer the better, but I don't want cars with license plates that are unusally high, or mounted on one side instead of the center (back of a UPS truck is perfect example) so I'll be aiming the camera for the thinnest part of the driveway to funnel vehicles into the smallest lane possible for reliable license plate readings.

Just keep in mind that if the mike can pick up anything at any kind of distance (20' or so) the person being recorded may not be able to see that sign. And the laws on the subject do not discrimanate between public and private property.