eyecu

DVR problem

I have a customer who has a DVR. There is no name on the DVR. It is a four channel with a removeable HD. While I was there I fixed a couple of the BNC connecter,they were loose,but working. I rehooked the cameras and the four cameras worked for a minuet. Then the DVR showed all four cameras as video loss and there was no pictures. I have tried everything and cant get the video back. If I hook up yhe cameras to a monitor they all work. anybody know why the DVR would do this?

I have repowered a couple of times and still nothing. The DVR brand is an ARM 4 channel. I rechecked all the cameras and they all work. When I reconnect them to the dvr I get nothing. All the screens say video loss. I have set everything back to default and re did eveything and still nothing.

If I play back previous recorded video it is there.

It almost sounds like the DSP part has been fried, but just out of curiosity, if you defualted the unit, did it change video standard...IE from PAL to NTSC etc?

Also have you tried connecting a single camera only?

Yes, I did try the single camera. Still did not work. I can play back previous recorded video prior to this problem and that works fine.

I am getting it replaced a new one is being sent out. Trying to figure it out would have caused me to go into therapy. Thanks for the help!

and.............this all started when you retipped the cables right? check your work with a multimeter for shorts.............even I screw up a connector now and then.