rory

Technicians Portable Monitor

Cant find the thread that mentioned a really good one, so if anyone knows, whats the best out there, best product, best battery option, and easy to obtain in the US?

Thanks

Rory

The best one I have seen to date is the one made by Ganz, Ganz has a service monitor input for most of its cameras so that you can leave them wired to the cieling or wall and still connect the service monitor, this service monitor has B/W or Colour options and a brightness and contrast option, it can run off standard AA batteries and comes with a nifty belt pouch, but the best feature of all is the 75Ohm loop through, this allows you to connect to camera for testing by using a small fly lead in the service monitor plug on the camera and then you alos connect your original cable so that you are still inline with the device you are connected to, so you can see on the monitor and on the end unit and you can test the line by adding the 75Ohm or turning it off.

The LCD is pretty small but gives a nice resolution, I would have to say this is my second most important thing I have ever used, the first being the book (should say bible) by Vlado Damjonovski.

*has that book sitting my desk, knows the PC stuff, but is definitly still learning about the camera's*

thanks guys, im actually right now looking for a portable battery LCD that is maybe 7", any ideas?

thanks

thanks guys, im actually right now looking for a portable battery LCD that is maybe 7", any ideas?

thanks

I just picked up a nice 7" portable DVD player with Video in, it works very well and i havnt had any problems with it the barrety lasts about 3.5 hours and does the trick for me Email me if you want more info on it

peter

Don't know if you're still looking, but all my guys use the Everfocus EN220:

http://www.everfocus.com.tw/pdf/lcd.pdf

Vitek makes a very similar one, but we've had better success in the field w/ the Everfocus version.

I know this thread is old, but do you know if the battery pack is loose with soldered wiring, or can it connect to the back of the LCD so no wires are loose? Thats what Im looking for.

Thanks

Rory

I use the Tote Vision LCD-565, and have had good luck with it. The kit version comes with a snap on the back battery pack and a cordura case that opens to provide a sun shield for the screen. Built in BNC connection (no audio though). Screen size is 5.6".

Thanks, that sounds like what im looking for, im pretty violent with tools! I tend to loose are destroy them more than often :-0 Dont need audio with it so it should be good. Ill check on prices online.

I have seen the old Delta Vision ones that had the snap on battery pack, but they have sold out to Tyco and doesnt seem they sell that anymore, unless this is the same one, will check it out.

Thanks again

Rory