Ronnstor

INFRARED ILLUMINATION

I want to install IR spot illuminators to bath an area for night time viewing. Are you familiar with IRs with variable distance adjustments.

Is the area completely dark or is there some light. IR works best in complete darkness. What is the area you are looking to cover?

The extreme range are the best I have seen, you can put lenses on them to get the coverage you want they also provide seperate types for seperate spreads and detail them in specifications with measurements, PM me if you need info...Beware though they are not cheap

get your IR from SuperCircuits.com. They have a 240ft. 12vdc model for under $75 bucks that works great. At that price I toss them and replace them..and I can buy & install 20 times of them at the price of a "extreme" type. It's not the 2,000 dollar solution but for the money it works very good. I split the DV at the camera and use the 1amp fuse to power them both..........all from the camera power supply

get your IR from SuperCircuits.com. They have a 240ft. 12vdc model for under $75 bucks that works great.

Can you tell me please part number from SuperCircuits

which does 240 ft under $75 ?

Thanks

240 feet for under $75, nice. i'd like to see how good that picture quality is.

I would rather get more information to better recommend the proper camera for this application.

Ronnstor, are you still with us? Can you provide more details?

There is no reason to give you more horsepower than you need or shortchange ya.

[edit by mod - link removed]

ALWAYS buy higher on IR capabilities as they are ALL 1/2 of what they advertise..............

I have a link to it if anyone is interested, but, for $64 bucks who can question me, right?

http://67.76.229.133/videoinsight

login: ir

password:ir

cam # 7 is a 7706.installed today

#4 is a WDR armor. all have the IR augmenting them.

#10 is a WDR box.

#18 is a PTZ, low light type.....it shows #4's & #7's ir shadowing.and you can review recorded to see weeks past..........

and I included my DEMO Video Insight IP Server setup of a IP Pixord Server (2 camera) on my property in Idaho...........#2 is a PTZ and #2 is a cheapo bullet.......PTZ control is mine alone.sorry! Idaho link is a wireless microwave link to a ski lodge 5 miles away..approx. located 50 miles from Canada, eh! You'all just got snow for xmas.

access is revoked when I wake up tomorrow morning so enjoy.

These are just illuminators not cameras, you can use your HQ cams with these more budget illuminators.

I personally will not buy an IR/camera combo, they don't work well in my area. Also the IR dies before the camera so it's nice to be able to swap them out.

They are under accessories rather then cameras, that might be why you haven't found them.

oh i see, i see, now the price makes more sense at least. thanks for clearing that up, i should not have assumed.

not bad .. one thing though with the EX-82's from Extreme (all in one IR Camera), ive had some at a clients home now, 6 years going strong .. IR LEDs still seem to all be okay also (10 year lifetime approx). But they cost $$

thanks on the date. I just built a new Video Server (a 3.2 dual & mini case) a few days ago and must have have a beer before doing that part.....

fixed in a flash...........

I have been using some Illuminator's from security cameras direct. I went with this company because they are a distributor as well. I bought a 600FT IR Illmunitor and it works great with a B/W HR camera also. I agree with not using combo units.

Robert