bought a dvr card to go with my cctv setup when it arrives do i need any software to enable me to record onto the pc or is that with the drivers i assume will be with it due to it showing a blue cd with it?

if so could some 1 link me to where to get it from

many thanks

bought a dvr card to go with my cctv setup when it arrives do i need any software to enable me to record onto the pc or is that with the drivers i assume will be with it due to it showing a blue cd with it?

if so could some 1 link me to where to get it from

many thanks

1.if the dvr card can b compatible with ur display card?some card choose ATi and NVIDIA chipset

2.resolution of ur monitor,some support only 1024*768,some only support 800*600

3.Video format:choose ur NTSC or Pal for video input.

4.Your OS problems.

I’m not positive but that card and disk looks very much like a card sold with the name of Swann or Q-see on it. I fooled around with those some time ago. I believe the directions say install the card first. Then insert the disk into your pc. The program will find the new hardware. Then, the set up program will guide you from there. Hopefully, they provided you with instructions for settings like, motion detection, schedule, cameras and so on. Try the Swann web site. I believe they have a program instruction guide on there that may help you.

well got it earlier on today

seems ok installed it no instructions with it tho

as i dont have a camera yet all i could do is install the card and the software

working software was pico 2000 i think as im at college now so dont really know if thats is correct but all it does is show a blank screen possibly due to no camera lmfaoo

Try this link for a manual. If I’m right, those less expensive cards are very similar. Also, I would look for a site that clearly defines what you are looking for in a camera. Ebay is not the place for that. Click on the 4 channel DVR card then click on manual. If it is pico, I have sent you in the wrong direction?

http://www.q-see.com/

That settles that! Maybe someone else can help you find what you are looking for. I am not at all familiar with Pico. The only thing I could suggest is to tray a Pico web site for a manual. Sorry!

is there any way to test that the card is working untill my cam comes i've tried hooking up a camcorder via the rca ports and turning it on but nothing in pico

all it says is disk occupied

the username

and date / time

or is this only somthing that can be cmpatible with cmos cameras?

oh the dvr card looks like the 1 in the link and on the back of the card there are 2 model no.s which that is 1 of them

Use one of the RCA to BNC adapters that was - supposed - to come with your card and hock it to one of the BNC camera inputs on the card. Then, you can connect your camcorder directly to a camera input like camera one for example. I’m assuming the program is installed correctly and displaying on your computer screen. If so, you should be able to select what camera you want to view. If the camera still doesn’t display, go to the settings and make sure the cannel or camera you want to view is turned on. There are other settings that may cause the camera not to display but this is someplace to start. You really need the manual. As for CMOS, it should not matter. However, you should know that CMOS is old technology. CCD is the better way to go.

well i did this

i put all the rca - bnc connectors on so i didnt loose them then plugged a rca cable to the yellow port on my camcorder and then the rca port on the card and nothing although when i tried hooking the camera to my dvd/vcr is didnt do n e thing either:S so im stumped

i get the screen when i start pico up with logon etc do tht then i can choose which camera's etc i wanna use so im stumped

with the Pico cards, thats it .. there are some settings needed such as turning off using the recycle bin, and setting up the cameras, by default they wont start recording.

Also the screen resolution is only 800x600 last one i saw .. thats how old the version of the software was that Pico teifed. . LOL ..

well what software you suggest i use then as im not prepared to pay for a piece of software, seeing as i already paid for pico2000 with the dvr card

i've uninstalled pico

ive uninstalled card

i've reinstalled pico

i've reinstalled drivers for card

i've gone to update them to whats on the disk but it windows says it has the best match it can

only thing i can think of is my camcorder dont support it as its probly 10yr old or so :S

would rather know if my card works though either way before my camera turns off if possible

so if any 1 knows how to get a image up on pico please let me know

first make sure the setting is correct, NTSC or PAL .. you arent getting any video right?

Also, then enable the camera .. you wont get a picture until you go into setup and enable the camera probably.

Firstly check that the cam corder is putting out a signal, to do this test it from the output of the cam corder to the input of the TV, lets get the signal working first..also beware quite often you need to install the card and drivers before you install the software or else the software will never know the card exists...Rory is right...go and look for an enable toggle in the settings and make sure you turn it on, check to look for setting like "Video Source" or "Video Standard" and make sure that you are using the right standard for your area or more importantly your camcorder.

make sure the cam corder's yellow plug is an out and the Tv/VCR is an In ...best bet is find video out from the back of the VCR, usually going directly to your tv, or amp and then put a rca to bnc connector on it and then play a tape, that should work

Doubt its a software issue, its not the easiest software to work with .. but last i checked it worked .. after some headaches.

Did you reboot the PC after you connected the camera ..?

If not try that, then go into setup and disable, then enable again ..