rory

Intellex DV16000

thanks guys .. yeah saw it this evening ... it only had a 100GB drive .. darn .. anyway im just there for the cameras, they want some PTZs, but its okay as they dont use it via the DVR anyway, just the Keypad .. will sell them some GE PTZ's

Rory, I would give old Metz a buzz, you know the guy from reliable cctv. He used to be a regular here untill he went and tried to make his own website forum. Its not very successfull but I think you know what it is so try him as he used to be very big in that particular manufacturer.

first of all check the version of the Intellex. It's either on a sticker located the front panel door, under the unit (look for smart item code) or, if u have access to the GUI, go to Utilities --> About Intellex. You'll find the version there!

My guess is that it's either a 1.x or 2.x system. So, if you want to control domes with those older systems (6yrs old at least) you would need an TouchTracker - ADTT16E.

Also, I would forget about using the GE dome, waste of $$$ b/c u'll need to put in converters like those from Sennetech (www.sennetech.net) to convert from AD to GE. I would stay with AD and simply add the ADDT16E + the RASELHS (if indoor ceiling mount PTZ) or RAS917OPCW (if outdoor Wall mount D/N PTZ). Pricing through distribution should be pretty close.

Hi, I wont be touching the DVR in this case, turns out they never were controlling via the DVR, just the Keypad controller.

They apparently have the latest software though, but still it only does AD and pelco, but either way they wont be using the DVR to control them.

In this case though they definately dont want any more AD Domes, those lasted only 1 year, we are switching to GE as I know they last through our weather down here since ive used them before.