rory

Geo H264 Video Up To 480 FPS on Intel Core 2 Quad

"The GV-1480 Combo Card is a high-end real-time video capture card capable of 16-channel video and audio monitoring, 480 FPS (NTSC) display, and 480 FPS (NTSC) recording rate at CIF resolution. With Intel's Core 2 Duo processor, the GV-1480 can record 16 channels 480 FPS in Geo MPEG-4 and Geo MPEG-4 ASP format, or 8 channels 240 FPS in Geo H264 format. Now, with the availability of quad-core processor, users can experience 16 channels 480 FPS in Geo H264 to get very high quality and record-breaking performance."

http://www.geovision.com.tw/english/6_0_news.asp?stable=News&sfiled=nid&stable1=News&sfiled1=newid&pno1=1&title=News&gname=News&pno=295

Edited by Guest

The FPS at 720*480 are quite a bit lower than I expected for a "real-time recording card." Has Geo listed a breakdown of all of their cards anywhere? I would like to compare.

As far as I am aware all manufacturers advertise framerate at QVGA (320x240) I am not sure what other manufacturers cards achieve at higher resolutions in relation to GeoVision cards.

How about 30 fps in 4CIF, 8 ch per PCI card. That's 8 ch, 30 fps per channel, at 4CIF, recording and live. Simultaneous.

Same card does 16 ch, 30fps per channel, at CIF.

Same card is configurable for QCIF, CIF, 2CIF, DCIF, and 4CIF.

There are also smaller cards available, 8 cif / 4 4cif and 4 cif / 2 4cif.

It's all hardware encoding, using H.264, with enterprise-class software.

So, it exists. Send me a private message or email me. It's not even ONLY my company. There are other options. Lots of them.

Here is the details; if you have for instance a CIF resolution on a 16 channel system and a complexity on your video stream that gives exactly X number of Frames a second at CIF the same complexity on 2 CIF will give you X number of frames divided by 2 or multiply X with 0,5 when running 4CIF you can multiply X with 0.4.

So if you have for instance a GV-1480 with 16 channels and a complexity in the video stream giving you 400 FPS @ CIF it will give you 200FPS @ 2CIF and 160FPS @ 4CIF.

When I do test things like these I have a DVD that I stream thru a 16 in 64 out Video signal distributor and then in on the DVR systems. Off course is the complexity in the DVD Movie much higher then it is on a regular CCTV system setup, but it gives you a comparison possibility that I want to have and for later reference.

I agree that DVR manufactures’/resellers do trick customers when saying “Real Timeâ€

GVFPS.PNG.775cd461ad90e651b19595fc0433a301.PNG

Thanks JD .. thats good info ..

Here it is converted to NTSC, thanks to JoinDVR:

geontsc_556.jpg