carrseom

I will get this question answered...

Is there a company that makes Linux Disk-On-Module Hardware/software that does hybrid (analog/ip cams) cameras?

Basically, I am looking for a Linux DVR on dom chip software and capture cards that can handle Ip and analog cams.

All that I have found so far is Avermedia windows based hybrid systems.

Thanks for all the help!

Jim

Emulation tends to be slower. There are some programs that add some of the window's API layers (Wine and WineX or what ever they call it now) but given the nature of the directX calls made you're pretty unlikely to get it to work.

FYI: Avermedia has the DVR Cards with DOM which is based on Windows XP same as X-Box... They use-to have a DOM solution for Linux with old MP series DVR Cards which you might still be able to get if you call them. I think they are working on Linux based DOM for new NV series DVR Cards...

Sajaan

We discussed that XP Emebedded DOM in another thread, one thing that came up was that it was not locked, meaning you could still write to it, therefore its basically just a stripped down version of XP Pro.

We discussed that XP Emebedded DOM in another thread, one thing that came up was that it was not locked, meaning you could still write to it, therefore its basically just a stripped down version of XP Pro.

We use XP Embedded with a DOM. BUT, we seal our version of XP Embedded (we call it XOS) so that it is read only. When the DVR is restarted it loads the default operating system.