Hillman

Source for less than 1000FT RG59 Siamese cable?

Anyone know an internet source for direct burial RG59 Siamese cable in lenghts less than 1000 or 500 Ft.

I need about 200 feet max and all I can find is 500 and 1000 foot rolls. There are no local (within 60 miles) sources I can drive too.

Thanks.

List your location, most of the dealers here can do that for you.

Expect to pay a fee for it though. You can't take an internet discount rate unknown quality 1000' spool and divide the price by 5. Basically if you asked me to do it, it would probably be the 500' spool internet price.

You might want to see if this fits the bill for you. Not sure about the direct burial aspect, but I have bought , and used this cable , from this Ebay seller. Can't beat the price, and free shipping. See Ebay auction number 300063474522 titled " New RG59 Coax Cable ....."

:D You might want to see if this fits the bill for you. Not sure about the direct burial aspect, but I have bought , and used this cable , from this Ebay seller. Can't beat the price, and free shipping. See Ebay auction number 300063474522 titled " New RG59 Coax Cable ....."

Thanks for the tip. I asked the seller and he replied "not for burial".

I have since found someone to provide the direct burial cable.

Thank you again.

If the cable length is not enough, can we join 2 length together to get the length? using RG11 with BNC connector.

when planning on putting cable in the ground i want to use the best cable available because the last thing i want to have to do is dig it back up and re-cable

my2cents

if you splice you need to get a good underground splice enclosure. If we need over 500 ft we just figure the cost of a full roll of cable. If we get to use the remainder fine if not well it has been paid for.

If the cable length is not enough, can we join 2 length together to get the length? using RG11 with BNC connector.

I would direct splice (cable to cable) as opposed to using connectors in between. But i would only splice in a junction box where it is accessible.

Thanks for the advice. if i splice the cable, i tape it back thightly and nicely will be alright? shouldnt have any signal losses?

solder it if you can ... if not should still be fine, but make sure it is not exposed, other wise over the years it can still get coroded. However Ive not actually had any issues myself with that.