dv8ed

need your help.. is this camera okay?

I need to buy 4 DAY/NIGHT dome cameras.

I am willing to pay up to $139 each. Will these ones do?

[edit by mod - sorry no store links - please just post specs]

I would like the best cameras for that price. Any help or other camera suggestions please.

4 day/night cameras for 139 each?

well you did say get the "best cameras for the price". Its good thing you did not say good cameras.

at best you will get a camera with a loose definition of "day night".

do you WANT to pay up to 139?

or CAN you pay more than 139?

If you are wanting to save money on cameras then why dont you just save alot of money and get some dummy cameras.

Probably will provide you with the same result.

okay i'm willing to up my budget... i need a good day/night camera with lens... what is the cheapest i can get away with?

any recommendations?

okay i'm willing to up my budget... i need a good day/night camera with lens... what is the cheapest i can get away with?

any recommendations?

I have a couple of the MACE CAM-66CIR camera installed. They have been up for some time now and work great. They provide a clear picture day and night. I purchased mine on Amazon for about $150 each. These camera's are in an area where there is a lot of fog and cold. They do a wonderful job of not getting fogged up or mist on the lenses. The camera lense is seperate from the IR lens which helps a lot.

Let me know and I can send you some sample images from day and night or let you login to my camera's to see for yourself.

going by the specs though, the CAM66CIR is not a Day Night camera, its what we call a Color/IR camera, which is much different. Also it has a 6mm lens from what i could find on google .. he could actually get something like this from any OEM reseller for about the same cost. The Real Day Night bullets, that have Mechanical IR cut filters, varifocal lens, etc, will run around double the price retail.

BTW, you can post images here if you like as well.

Thanks

Rory

going by the specs though, the CAM66CIR is not a Day Night camera, its what we call a Color/IR camera, which is much different. Also it has a 6mm lens from what i could find on google .. he could actually get something like this from any OEM reseller for about the same cost. The Real Day Night bullets, that have Mechanical IR cut filters, varifocal lens, etc, will run around double the price retail.

BTW, you can post images here if you like as well.

Thanks

Rory

It seemed that he was concerned with price not really specs. I only wanted to point out that the CAM66 appears to meet his price requirements and provide the performance he might need.

Yeah i realize .. he might want the 4mm version though for a wider shot (though the 6mm versions will normally provide longer IR), normally you can get the 4mm version for $50 cheaper also. He's got to understand though he inst getting a True Day Night camera for that cost .. if his budget is that strict

, its all he can really get (hey thats all i could afford myself!).

.. yeah sorry , same error when posting links .. the admin is working on that .. we had alot of spammers over the past couple weeks and was implementing some code updates ... sorry about that .. maybe have to wait until tomorrow and then will see if it is fixed then . I'll let him know it is also doing that with posting images ..

thanks

Rory

i actually would like to point this camera at the cash register and get a clear face shot.

i'm willing to spend anywhere from $150 - $300. Seems like everyone is speaking highly of the Sanyo VCC-4794 Day/Night camera.

Yes thats a decent day night box camera, though you originally asked for a dome? They also have the Day Night Pan focus dome. No focus needed, it auto focuses Manual zoom though, but makes it easier to setup.

How dark is it though at the cashier?

Rory

Yes thats a decent day night box camera, though you originally asked for a dome? They also have the Day Night Pan focus dome. No focus needed, it auto focuses Manual zoom though, but makes it easier to setup.

Rory

it's well lit.. yes i like the auto focus idea. which model would that be?

Here are some sample images from two Mace CAM66CIR cameras.

53118_1.jpg

53118_1.jpg

53118_1.jpg

53118_1.jpg

Let me know if you need more information or have other questions.

Yes, there are better camera's available but for the price this camera provides a very good consistant quality image.

Rory

it's well lit.. yes i like the auto focus idea. which model would that be?

There are various models.

http://www.sanyo.com/industrial/security/cameras/pan_focus/