Rebco

grainy picture with IR Cameras

i Had to install 4 irs cameras in a dark bar, the picture is grainy but when i stood up to adjust it, the camera got a great picture, can anyone help me?

can you give a little more info?

when you say you stood up to adjust it you mean physically stood up to reach for it and it got better?

Is it still grainy?

can you provide pictures?

adjust the gain lower wich will reduce the grainyness of it but it will also reduce the britness of it.

You must have few things in mind when you talk about IR camera,(1) the covering angle of IR lights is never the same as that of lense,it mostly covers the centre part of the screen,the left out area will be snowy or grainy. (2) No. of IR lights and how much powerful they are.(3) IR cameras are not EX-VIEW cameras.

If you stood in front of the camera to adjust it, definately the picture will be clear.

the were nuvicos 12 ir bullets, i love the cameras i used them all the time, but just this time all 4 do the same thing.

PM me for pictures.

Seems to me when you stand in front of the cameras the IR light is nice and strong therefor you have enough illumination to give you a good pix. When you're not in front of it the camera there is not enough IR light to light up the scene. Basically your not giving the scene enough IR Light for a good pix and/or your camera is not sensitive enough.

What power supply is the camera using and how far away is the camera from power?

Hello everyone!

I doubt you will find a power problem with this bar project. For the DIY who reads this post I would suggest taking a wall transformer and an extension cord and plug directly in to the camera, this should trouble shoot any power problems.

The problem as I see it is with the cameras IR throw. The maximum distance is rated at something aroung 30 - 35 feet. I would suggest to the DIY to throw the IR double the distance compared to the distance of the object or area to be viewed. I assume things at 10 feet look really good in this video. The other question is how high is the camera mounted? The higher the camera the less distance you will see. I would test another camera that can throw the IR farther. You could try using an Illuminator ( or another IR camera) to side light the area.

Good luck!

Turn the gain down = you lose the picture.

What kind of frame integration does the camera have? You need either more IR or a better IR sensitive camera .

Send me some pics, whats the distance?