eyeonutech

Can anyone identify these DVRs?

Yes,the first one is a card based on Philips-SAA-7130 chips and the other two are "Digital Flower"cards.All are made in China.

Maybe you could try the H.264 hard compressed DVR card, which takes less CPU and records with realtime highspeed.

Not all the DVR cards are clones in China.

maybe only 20% customers use clone ones.

most of them use original DVR cards,such as Hikvision,High-easy,Hanban 15 series H.264 haedware compression DVR cards,most of them are much better than those Kodicom even original ones.

and some low cost solutions now are original such as 7130chipsets,23881 chipsets.they are attractive in cost and quality.

Not all the DVR cards are clones in China.

=============================

Successfully developed the the first DVR card bulit in SAA7130 chipset in the world.

[edit by mod - please, no advertising or self promoting on the forums, rk]

Korean mainly sell software compress cards. so they can't support 64 channels in one PC with realtime(each channel 25fps). most mainly Hardware compress cards are from China. for example: Aventure , netvision are using Hikvision's DS4000 serial card. China is large countries, it's technical on surveillance field is more advanced than other countries. for example , only a small city's bank will have thousands of cameras to remote control. by the way, I think Hardware will be less and less diffenent from each other, they are all TI or philips chipset's world, only a powerful software can make them valuable.

Steven, I couldn't agree with you anymore!

I hope Netvision DVR software will be the one you are expecting!

Korean mainly sell software compress cards. so they can't support 64 channels in one PC with realtime(each channel 25fps). most mainly Hardware compress cards are from China. for example: Aventure , netvision are using Hikvision's DS4000 serial card. China is large countries, it's technical on surveillance field is more advanced than other countries. for example , only a small city's bank will have thousands of cameras to remote control. by the way, I think Hardware will be less and less diffenent from each other, they are all TI or philips chipset's world, only a powerful software can make them valuable.

I hope Netvision DVR software will be the one you are expecting!

what I want to say is software will be the key to expand market.DVR cards seem like many different models. in fact , they all use TI chipset or Philips chipset. so they will be no different from each other just like a normal tape-record after a few years.

I know netvision is a software company just like Geovision, Skyvision. what you are doing is to support more cards and customize more functions in the software. it's the most importand. Skyvision already support most of Chinese DVR cards and has their own hardwares; Netvision are still using Hikvision cards and Geovision mainly for software cards. is it right?

Actually, Hikvision's hardware cards are the most advanced in China currently, which take up around 70% of the local market.

Therefore, Netvision has been striving to be one of the best software provider for Hikvision cards.

Actually, Hikvision's hardware cards are the most advanced in China currently, which take up around 70% of the local market.

Therefore, Netvision has been striving to be one of the best software provider for Hikvision cards.

I found your software is very same to Skyvision's including software's name. who is the largest software supplier in China?

Hi, Steven, to be sure, there are many differences between the software of Netvision and of Skyvision, such as the features, the GUI...

Btw, what Hikvision is providing with their boards currently is Netvision software, but not Skyvision!

shouldnt that be you couldnt agree with him more?

Otherwise you are saying you cannot agree with him .. anymore (no more from now on) ..

Hi, Steven, to be sure, there are many differences between the software of Netvision and of Skyvision, such as the features, the GUI...

Btw, what Hikvision is providing with their boards currently is Netvision software, but not Skyvision!

Anyone in the US selling the cards, both of them .. no hikvision, but net and skyvision, just curious .. if so please PM me .. thanks ..

Id like to build 3 rock solid Quad Core PCs and put them along with Geo .. side by side, and put a review on the web

because they already have their own hardware?

I don't know whether they already have their hardware

It seems you havent known that Skyvision had been incorporated into the CSST (China Security & Surveillance Technology, Inc).the products that skyvision can develop will be more than before , this is a milestone for skyvision.

Also the cooperation of hikvision is always continuing , not only the boards but also in other areas.

Hi,

for me the best software is kodicom

is the best because:

-is very easy to use

-in search mode is the most fast to see what you want to see.

-not too much option and is intiutive

lot of meaning for best.

I try about 10 differrent dvr card.

what is sure forget skyvision is unusable in real condition and not stable.

Hi,

for me the best software is kodicom

is the best because:

-is very easy to use

-in search mode is the most fast to see what you want to see.

-not too much option and is intiutive

lot of meaning for best.

I try about 10 differrent dvr card.

what is sure forget skyvision is unusable in real condition and not stable.

kodicom is software compress card . I'm afraid it's only suitable for low end market. if you have more than 32 channels to manage. it will cost many CPU . as far as know , Skyvision's oversea software only support HIKVISION cards and their own cards. where did you get 10 different dvr cards?

In my opinion, Hardware compress cards will be more and more popular with their powerful functions. and their cost will be less and less. So If you don't want to update your PC-DVR after a few month, I suggest you have a test hardware compress cards. Hikvision cards have high quality , and already been best card in the world. but cost maybe a little high. In China , there are many manufacturers for hardware DVR cards with good price . even if Korean cheap software cards can't expand China market yet.

even if Korean cheap software cards can't expand China market yet.

GeoVision cards are made in Korea

even if Korean cheap software cards can't expand China market yet.

GeoVision cards are made in Korea

yes. most of Taiwan software company are using Korean software cards. but we don't sell them to China . In China, most important is realtime preview and record (25fps) , that's just the software card's disadvantage . Maybe European market allow 5fps D1 , but China can't . In this Field , I'm afraid China's requirement is higher than other countries.

yes. most of Taiwan software company are using Korean software cards. but we don't sell them to China . In China, most important is realtime preview and record (25fps) , that's just the software card's disadvantage . Maybe European market allow 5fps D1 , but China can't . In this Field , I'm afraid China's requirement is higher than other countries.

5 fps? You can get well over 20fps per camera with the Geo Cards. With PCI-e and Quad Cores, even Core 2's, you can easily do 20-30fps per camera, in 640x480 mode. And with the Combo cards, they are all real time preview. Actually China's requirements are typically much lower, at least in every other regard

Also, most CCTV cameras dont benefit a single bit from 720x480 (D1) especially OEM cameras which typically dont have the effective image pixels to match.

As to H.264, no comment, other than I have yet to see anything recorded in that codec that impresses me. More compression means lower quality, no matter how great people claim it is.