Zyra Tech

Intel dumps Dell

I guess Intel didn't renew thier contract with Dell. It won't be long before Dell is Athlon only. Where's a good place to source computers for DVR builds?

I don't even want to think about building my own PC's.

I didn't know Dell had a deal with Intel, I do know Dell dopped the contract with Microsoft. Thats why you can now get no OS systems and IIRC FreeDOS and Linux.

I had read a while ago a few months back that DELL was going to dump intel and go to athlon. I think there just trying to save as much money as possible

its alot cheaper to build your own, plus its a better end product.

Probably, but it's a lot harder to charge for the time involved when you can get a decent prebuilt. At least that's been my experience. If I had about 36 hours in a day I could probably justify building my own.

its alot cheaper to build your own, plus its a better end product.

Probably, but it's a lot harder to charge for the time involved when you can get a decent prebuilt. At least that's been my experience. If I had about 36 hours in a day I could probably justify building my own.

i timed it the other day, it took me less than 10 minutes to build it, and saved considerable money over buying the same specked product from a name brand.

Also, since i automated all the software installation, tweaks etc, that part only takes one and a half hours now, mostly unattended.

building a pc doesn't take a lot of time its basically screwing in the mothboard and everythin else just clips in. I take extra time to put the wires exactly where I want them for maximum airflow.

installing the os takes some time though

I have built a lot of pcs when I was a tech person at a school but I don't now because i am some what concerned about warrentee. If I have a bad video card I have to deal with that supplier a bad harddrive it could be from another supplier etc. I think maybe purchasing a barebone box with motherboard/ memory and harddrive installed and tested may be a fair comprise then you can add your custom OS etc.

I had read a while ago a few months back that DELL was going to dump intel and go to athlon. I think there just trying to save as much money as possible

Dell pulls out that stick every six months to rattle at Intel over pricing. They've done it for the last ten years.