Sign in to follow this  
rabidliberal

Viewgate Dvr Card (calling all experts)

I just built a system around a viewgate vg-24016hs card. The system itself works great but having trouble using remote multiclient software provided by the company. The software connects to the system and the video freezes after one frame. I can still see the transfer status bar moving but the video is frozen. The system has plenty of juice (amd 3200+, 1gb of ram etc., plenty of bandwidth etc.) The DVR machine it self continue to function while the remote is frozen. If anyone is familiar with this system I would greatly appreciate the help. Also if you guys can recommend alternative software for a pc based DVR system, I am thinking the software with the card is bug ridden.

Hello, just a thought, according to the deatail/spec sheet on your(Hybird) card they specifiy Not To Use AMD processors, perhaps that may be contributing to your problem. Also check you motherboard specs, and if you are using a ATI Radeon card make sure that you are using the cards VGA drivers that they give you on their DVR program. Here is a link to their specs: http://www.viewgatedvr.com/images/specifications.pdf

check the network ports.

if your DVR is behind a router you need to open 3000~3007 from the router setting(port forwarding).