tmushy

Why am I seeing Rainbows?

Hi everyone

Just build a new system with 6 cameras. Im using these cameras

[edit by mod-store link removed]

# 1/3" Sony High Res. SuperHAD CCD chip.

# 520 TV Lines.

Problem is im looking at the screen and I see some rainbows in certain areas. They are veryy tiny and are not located everywhere ont the screen Not all the cameras just some of the cameras (maybe 2 out of 6)

I was wondering if you guys think this is from the camera or the fact that im using onboard video instead of a video card

Thanks!!!!

some camera's don't like PC based video cards. don't know why other than they are usually the exview super had types. super had is no problem. I've heard that exview super hads are nolonger being produced?

You might try pulling the lens out and makeing sure there isn't crap on it. Water spots and such can cause things like this.

can anyone recommend a cheap pci express video card to put in this tihng. im beginning to think that's what it is.

I found this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814121538

not sure how it would be seems good enough

That card is okay, I doubt it will solve your problem though.

Also, it is strictly a 16x PCI Express card, so wont work in motherboards where their PCI express only operates at 1-4x (eg. Some popular micro ATX motherboards).

Rory

hmmm I just noticed something. When I right click on the larger video screen it shows a pink background on the menu. Im thinkin that's a video card issue since I doubt geovision made their program like that.

Ill buy that video card and see what its effects are

Are there stripes in those areas? If so this is a consequence of color composite video. It's known as "cross color."

I imagine that it's magnified by the cheap camera, but even a top quality camera will show rainbow artifacts wherever there are tight bands of stripes (picket fence, etc.)

There's not a lot you can do about it.

havnt been able to get a photo yet. No theres no stripes also I just realized I used aluminum braid siamese cable