tonytc

can anyone tell me which taiwan banch ip camera is th best

Yeah ACTi cameras are great once you get them working. They do have a lot of bugs which they are slowly working out. Their software isn't the greatest though.

Vivotek and Pixord are good as well. Vivotek software is decent and their cameras are easy to install and configure.

It all depends on what you are looking for in a camera. If you are looking for high quality, ACTi cameras offer high resolution video of 704x480 at 30fps, whereas, Vivotek offers only 10-15fps at 704x480 and the image looks very stretched and pixelated.

From experience I would say Pixord gives good value for money. Simple to install and fast (live) images, both over LAN and WAN. Colour representation is a bit weak, but can be adjusted

Yes, I'd go with ACTi as well. They actually have a tech support department, which is more than I can say for Axis, which has 0 tech support *unless you pay* and even then they can't help you.

ACTi does have pretty good stuff although I wish they'd make an interface that doesn't look like it was made in the 1980's. Also, they don't have some of the features that some of the other people have like event server setup, dual codecs selection, etc. but they are very "inexpensive" as far as IP is concerned.