rexthedog

need buying advice - 4 channel dvr card on a 1.8ghz amd...

i wanted to buy the gevision gv250 first, but now i realized my system is not powerful enough apart from its running a via chipset.

here are my system specs:

1.8GHZ AMD

1GB RAM

MATROX G550

can anyone advise me a good 4 channel (with a good software, preferably also with a pocketpc/pda client) card that will run on my system?

thanks!

just tested and works on AMD 2.0Ghz with Via Chipset, 512DDR, Sapphire Radeon 9250, 4 years old approx HP PC, GV250-2 channel, with 8.1 Drivers and Software.

The GV250 runs on alot of stuff. I have one one something simular AMD 1.5 something like that. I haven't tried v8 on it yet though, I'm actually swapping it out his week. :^(

thanks for all your answers!!

actually i thought about spending some more money and getting the gv600-4, only problem is i just checked and i had the wrong cpu speed in mind, sorry, the cpu is only 1,2GHZ, i hope that will still be enough? the machine will be dedicated to geovision only if that helps...

im open for other cards&software too ofcourse!

can you advise me anything else that will have a pocketpc/pda client, run on my pc and will cost around $300?

yeah they do .. ive used it before (well a friend used it and I watched)

it was the first PC card i used .. their Pocket PC software is actually decent.

Stick with the geo 250 or 600. you won' be dissappointed. Just don't run anythign else but geo.

most of the DVR cards currently in market does have the pocket pc client functions.