WirelessEye

I've never used a DVR before...Is this one good?

I am faced with my first DVR installation for a company that wants 30+ days of footage and need 10-12 cameras on it. I have found one that is networkable, has MPEG4/H.264, a built in CD/DVD burner and 2TB of storage for $--------. This is the most inexpensive DVR I've found that has all of these capabilities, is it any good?

I've been looking at this one:

[edit by mod-link removed]

If I'm not allowed to post this link, then the model number is the SUPERVIEW16 w/ the HDUP250T500 upgrade.

Hm.. it's always tough to decide on a DVR/NVR on your first job. We went through similar decisions but I can recommend the AVerMedia SA6416 if you are looking for an inexpensive, robust standalone embedded systems. The system doesn't come with any HDDs but you can fit up to 4 SATAs in there for a total of over 3Tbs (750Gb each?) With each drive going for around $--@ and the NVR less than ----- (full featured) you have an easier time budgeting for the project than most other DVRs in the market today. Just my 2 cents..

THis seems like a good DVR. It all depends on how much your customer or yourself wants to spend. Look at your budget and go from there. Let me know if you have any more questions. Thanks

Hello,

I also wanted to add that we sell hundreds of the H.264 units per month due to the compression ratio. You get many more days on the hard drive Vs. the old technology Mpeg2 and Mpeg4. The new H.264 units are the future.

Plus the picture is a lot better and depending on the unit, you can view 480X480 on the machine and the internet. Even comes with audio over the web. This is what all of our dealers have been seeking. Let me know if you need anymore information on these units. Thanks