TIMEZONEC

Setting Up A Surveillance System for my home

Well, I wanted to have more security around my house and I was wondering what kind of cameras are good? I want something that can be seen at daylight and at night time. The cameras will be inside and looking into the outside. Also, all of this information will be on my computer and sometimes when I'm out, I would like to go back to the video and see what happened and so on...For this will I need a big harddrive storage? I will be installing about 4 cameras around the house? Will wireless or nonwireless be good? What should I lookout for? I know most of these have already been asked but ya...sorry for my English:)

*EDIT - also what about psu's? and are there like professional people for this to protect your house or is it safer to do it on your own?

for night time camera, you should choose a camera with IR (infrared cut filter) camera.

normally we save on harddisk space by setting up the motion detection recording.

First of all, if you want good low light performance use infrared bullet type of camera. They are not considered practical for commercial installations, but are great solution in DIY residential installation. If you are thinking about installing infrared camera indoor looking outside thru window (at least that is what I think you trying to do), consider rethinking this idea. Camera mounted indoors pointing outside thru window will produce glair and reflection in the glass especially at night where infrared will bounce back and overexpose image. It is like trying to snap a picture of your self in the mirror with the flash on.