Arockerdude

Best water proof high resolution self enclosed camera

What would be a good water proof high resolution (self enclosed) camera? I need one that will work good at night. It would be good if it had night vision LED's and a vari focal lens. I have seen one by Pelco. It's a bullet type camera. Self enclosed. Heater and fan built in. But no vari focal lens. There doesn't seem to be very many choices out there for self enclosed cameras. Any ideas? Thanks Dave

54218_1.jpg

Arockerdude,

Don't know what your budget and application is, but have used this camera from Panasonic (WV-CW374) on a few of my sites. Only thing it doesn't have is IR ilumination.

Weatherproof Outdoor Use

Built in fan/heater

8x varifocal (5 - 40mm)

510 line resolution

Ultra-sensitive for colour surveillance in light

as low as 1 lux (0.1 fc)

Mechanical Cut Filter to B/W

Dave, that Pani Rapid is suggesting is a good choice, I used one with an extreme UF100, excellent IR response, you may want to look at the Extreme line as well http://www.extremecctv.com/home.php for your application there are a lot of cameras on the market with what you are looking for, really only dictated by your budget. You can also look at the Nuvico IR bullet line, cheaper used a few of those so far no issues but only recently installed them. I did like the outer ring adjusters and the iris control on the NVCC-HWE922IR42N-A. If you go with a D/N box cam in a enclosure I have had good results with Panasonic D/N line. Just buy a quality lens. If you are not married to box or bullets maybe you want to investigate weatherproof domes also, depends on your application.

What would be a good water proof high resolution (self enclosed) camera? I need one that will work good at night. It would be good if it had night vision LED's and a vari focal lens. I have seen one by Pelco. It's a bullet type camera. Self enclosed. Heater and fan built in. But no vari focal lens. There doesn't seem to be very many choices out there for self enclosed cameras. Any ideas? Thanks Dave

I have a couple SCC-931TN 1/4" VANDAL RESISTANT COLOR DOME CAMERA's for sale. Although they don't have night vision LED's, they do have a vari focal lens. Let me know if I can help you out.

Thanks

What does your budget look like? There are a lot of great water proof cameras out there, but it all depends on how much you want to spend. Let me know if I can help you any further. Thanks

Take a look at our ICR-10XDN

Not trying to self promote here, but it is an excellent all-in-one weatherproof camera.

Are these available anywhere in the UK?