UMDRanger

Looking: sensormatic, still cameras, misc

In November I got out of the installer side and got back into the using side of the industry. I took a job with a retail loss prevention dept. Since then, I have been promoted to the store's loss prevention manager. If anyone else has been in this field, you know that Corp doesn't exactly give you what you need/want, nor in a timely manner, so you end up bringing in your own equpiment (marked and documented heavily so you get it back of course).

I currently have a 20 something year old VM-1, aka "Sensorvision". And a few of the old RS487 series PTZs. My VM-1 only supports 20 cameras and has two wired keypads. I got about 30 cameras, plugged into an old 4/8 quad, wired into my last matrix camera, so I can continually record a suspect on some 27 of my 30 cameras. Kind of a pain in the rear way to do it, but work with what ya got.

If anyone comes accross any sensormatic matrixes (rs-422 protocol), joysticks, touch trackers, EIMs, AD/Sensormatic PTZs, etc. I'd love to hear about prices you'd be looking for. Same holds true with color mutiplexers, still cameras, power supplies, etc.

I know we usually just trash the old stuff when we install new equipment, but if anyone wants to make a few extra bucks, I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks. Hope everyone stays safe this winter.

Pudeman - I've been thinking all week about whether I could use the cameras you are offering. I can only think of a few places I'd like to have them at (would be great in my stockrooms), but it would require more wire and equipment than what I can realistically budget per a camera. Plus, I don't think I can justify spending the amount needed to give you a fair price. Those do look amazing, but I don't need armor and motorized zoom (I have no controller for an RS-485, and where I would put these... I'd need a lot of wire to pull the data, and aquire an RS-485 transmitter).

Thank you for the offer however.

No problem. The thing is I'm not looking for a lot for them, so if you have any desire to have them, throw me a price and chances are I'll be good with it.

Thanks

Do you have any sensormatic speedome 2000's you want to unload?

We probably have some quantity in stock still... I have to check on Monday... These domes were very easy to maintain.. the motors were simple to replace and the 2 piece CCD camera was easy to repair...

How do I get hold of you for these domes? I sent you PM, but I am not sure if you received it or not? It probably something to do with number of your posts... Check with one of the moderators...

Hi,

If you can reply to me via this thread on Monday i will contact you or if yu have a website that i can go to. That would work. Let me know how much you are asking. I'd like to pay something very reasonable. Also do you repair them?? if so how much??? dop you carry parts for them??

Thanks,

RC

I checked on the stock for these type of domes... Looks like we have none left... except some supply for replacing Pan and Tilt motors and separate motors for Zoom...

Someone from a very large retail chain picked up everything we had.. sorry!

Also, do you know if your Speed Dome 2000 is the Ultra version 1, 2 or 3...? I know either we have or can still get slip rings for these models...