TOMCAT22

PTZ dvr software with kalatel/digiplex protocols..??

Hi

I have a Cyberdome 25x day/nite camera with ptz which I am trying to control using DVR PTZ software.Now I have tried several DVR programs but none seem to have Kalatel protocols on them. Does anyone know of a standalone software package that can control a Kalatel cyberdome ?? Any help greatly appreciated as I,ve spent the best part of a day on this already!!

Regards.

Gary.

Hi

I have a Cyberdome 25x day/nite camera with ptz which I am trying to control using DVR PTZ software.Now I have tried several DVR programs but none seem to have Kalatel protocols on them. Does anyone know of a standalone software package that can control a Kalatel cyberdome ?? Any help greatly appreciated as I,ve spent the best part of a day on this already!!

Regards.

Gary.

i think Kalatel protocol is seldom to support by pop standalone DVRs.

but u can use protocol converter to change this protocol to Pelco-P/D.

if we can get Kalatel protocol,we can do this.

What DVR are you using?

Most well known DVRs will have the Kalatel Protocol.

If it is a PC Based list the model .. they do give out their protocol for free also.

The dvr i have is a Rapidos 4 port usb model (pc based),it comes with dvr software but no ptz control.I have also tried various other ptz cctv programs but none have the Kalatel protocol (unless its called something other than Kalatel?) Where can you find the protocol they use as I have tried the GE site but could not find it there (unless it is behind a locked area of the site). Thanks for the replies so far though.

I doubt those the software with that type of system will have it though, as they are mostly made in china, also mostly for the DIY market ..

Its going to be hard to find anything, but Luxriot should do it, just isnt cheap.

Rory

Thanks for the replies Rory, all the way from the sunny Bahamas...its about 10c here brrrrrrrh.

I have tried most of the cctv dvr programs out there including Luxriot (only does about 5 protocols,Kalatel not one of them unfortunately)

Any idea where I can find out about the Kalatel protocol so I can throw hex commands at the camera via rs232 to rs 485 convertor ?

Rory - Could you email me the Kalatel Protocol specs (including all 51 pages of hex!) - I am very interested in adding support for the Kalatel PTZs to our PTZ Pro software. Thanks.

Could i have the same Kalatel Protocol specification too? (all the pages).

I use MagicRadar DVR and i need the protocol for Cyberdome PTZ cameras. Thanks

Hello,

I would also very much like to have someone email me the Kalatel Digiplex Protocol specs (including all 51 pages of hex). I am interested in sending a CyberDome camera serial commands from a PC via RS-232.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Cory

Hello,

I would also very much like to have someone email me the Kalatel Digiplex Protocol specs (including all 51 pages of hex). I am interested in sending a CyberDome camera serial commands from a PC via RS-232.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Stijn

Hi Guys, best to contact GE, they should send it to you, or provide a link to download. Unfortunately I cant locate it on my PC at this time .. sorry.

Hey did you know you can change the dip switches on the bottom of the camera to pelcop or d along with other protocols?