ron351

DVR viewing software for web site

I have a DVR which is also a server connected to 4 night vision outdoor cameras. I am able to connect via my laptop to the manufacturers website using their software but it only has admin access to the dvr.

Is there a way or a software that will let visitors to my site view my cameras?

I have tried entering urls with opening ports in my router in hopes that may work and no go.

Currently the DVR is connected to the netgear router and I hope someone has an idea on how to post to my web site or a software visitors can use to hook up and view the cameras.

What brand DVR?

I looked at the back and it really dont say.

It says "Stand Alone DVR"

It is its own unit and server made in Korea.

Has PTZ control 4 cameras in and audio.

Alarm switches.

Has a RJ45 plugin for lan out which now is connected directly to my netgear router which sends out to the internet.

The model number is HS-401P

Their website in some korean is human-security "Commercial"

I can't put the web address cause it won't let me here if my posts are under 10. But their site is human-security "Commercial"

I can look for more DVR info in the unit if needed but so far thats all thats on the back of it.

Ron

I checked their site, looked at their downloads page, and skimmed through the user manual for you model DVR. There is no mention of being able to access the DVR through Internet Explorer - the only way to connect to it is through their client viewer application. Unless you also provide a link to that Viewer App from your site - I think you may be up the creek without a paddle!

I checked their site, looked at their downloads page, and skimmed through the user manual for you model DVR. There is no mention of being able to access the DVR through Internet Explorer - the only way to connect to it is through their client viewer application. Unless you also provide a link to that Viewer App from your site - I think you may be up the creek without a paddle!

Thanks for your reply. Thats the problem, even if I gave someone the web address to their site for the viewer app, they couldn't log on unless it was my logon and then they would be able to control my DVR, thats dumb.

I would think since my DVR does get out and is a stand alone DVR and its own server, that there would be a simple application out there that would be able to handle detection of the DVR and have both admin and a visitor login to view the cameras.

Maybe I bought into a bad system and should of looked around more and the features.

It just seems there would be a way to broadcast the cameras without access to start and stop recording by a visitor.

Ron

send me the software link and Ill see if there is an activeX that can be used, some do have it, some dont .. some have it but still dont have browser access, as was the case a few years ago with Kalatel, and I managed to create my own browser viewer. If there is an activeX and there are any kind of public functions, then it could be used.

send me the software link and Ill see if there is an activeX that can be used, some do have it, some dont .. some have it but still dont have browser access, as was the case a few years ago with Kalatel, and I managed to create my own browser viewer. If there is an activeX and there are any kind of public functions, then it could be used.

I uploaded a zip folder to my web site. Its 2.5 megs

Inside is a PDF manual, the HSClient that I use to view the DVR Cameras online and a HDD Viewer which I never did figure out, it don't detect a HDD and not really worried about that, I can view the recorded stuff in the DVRs HDD of 250GB. I guess the other HDD viewer is for the computers HDD if connected to the DVR.

But anyway heres the download to the zip file, can't post web addresses on here yet and will try to PM you if you don't get what im typing here for the download link. My site is here:

cmcamper commercial/security.zip

cmcamper is the web site and the file is extension /security.zip