gRoberts

DVR Card/Software Suggestion?

Hi all,

Can anyone suggest a DVR Card and Software that can do the following:

1: Triplex

2: Built in Web Server (allow administrators to control the DVR)

3: Ability to view images or video streams of each channel via an 'U R L'. ie placing an image on our secure web site so the boss can view each channel.

Thank you

Sounds like the ILDVR card I am using. It comes with server software and client software on the DVD. You load the server s/w onto your DVR and all of the other computers that want to watch the cameras load the client s/w. Use the admin function to assign accts that allow anything from total access and control to limiting who gets to see which cameras, who can and who can’t initiate remote PTZ control, etc.

You define which cameras have which resolution and which frame rate for the DVR, and also what the streaming resolution and frame will be. They need not be the same, so the DRV records at a higher frame rate/res while remote monitoring may be lower res and frame rate, depending on your LAN/WAN bandwidth.

On the client end, if the boss has access to all 12 channels, he can choose to look at only 1 or 2 or 3 or whateve specific channels and ignore the rest.

ILDVR 3000H4C/4 – 4 channels of CIF, or 2 channels of D1.

ILDVR 3000H4C/8 – 8 channels of CIF or 4 channels of D1

ILDVR 3000H4C+ …the cards with the ‘plus’ means the H264 video compression is done with chips on the card instead or using the DVR's CPU for that task. This reduces the CPU’s oomph which reduces heat in the chassis, which reduces fan noise … But it also means your wallet gets lighter. The "+" cards cost more.

http://www.ildvrusa.com/ildvr3000h4C4.htm

I am not an expert with the ILDVR cards but I will try and answer any questions you have. Also, the folks at the place where they are made in China are extremely helpful and friendly, and they have always responded quickly to my emails.

http://www.ildvr.com/

We tested the ILDVR cards about 2 or 3 years ago and were dissappointed in both the video quality and the software. I imagine the software has imporve since then. How do you personally find these cards compare to Geo? The resellers claim they are MUCH better then Geo but I just don't see it.

Most well known PC DVRs do all 3 of those .. take a look around the forum and see which might interest you the most.

How do you personally find these cards compare to Geo? The resellers claim they are MUCH better then Geo but I just don't see it.

I have no experience with the GEO cards so I cannot compare a GEO and an ILDVR. I would love to have read a review/comparison of the GEO and ILDVR before I invested in any DVR cards. The reason I passed on the GEO was because of the negative comments and reviews floating around the internet. There is very, very little written about the ILDVR, nothing negative that I could find so I went with it. Perhaps there is nothing negative written because there are so few ILDVR cards sold?

One of the things I like about the ILDVR is that you define the motion detection areas with up to 10 or 12 rectangles per camera view. I think it is the opposite with GEO...you defined the blanking areas of motions detection?!? The difference is vast for preventing false alarms if implementing motion detection on an outside camera that has a lot of foliage in the view.

BTW, I would not consider the 'retailer' for ILDVR in Canada/USA as a credible source for information. I suggest contacting ILVDR directly via email. I did talk to one guy in Colorado building high-end custom DVRs ($6K - $10K) for specific applications. He uses the ILDVR cards, claimed they were the best out there. Note: that is this ONE guy's opinion, only. I wish there was a way I could compare the video quality of various DVR cards.

Is there a website or something where DVR cards are reviewed? Any side-by-side reviews out there?

Also, check out AVerMedia DVR Card... I have used both Geo and AVer and I seem to like AVer DVR cards better since they are much easier to user (from end user point of you view) and from my PERSONAL experience they are very stable card compare to Geo... AVer use to make the boards for Geo where Geo is known as Software company and from last I talked to AVer they now have over 60 programs working on enhancing the product plus AVer cards are hybrid where you can connect traditional CCTV cameras or IP and now Mega pixel camera. I really like there new 4 port real time standalone DVR (EB1304Net) which does everything you are looking for and they are under $400 USD....

Far as web site request I can give you the demo site for AVer product from the company I buy from which is: http://www.ilinkpro.com/demo/demo.asp?nav=demo&pg=demo

Hope this helps... regards, Sajaan

With geo you have unlimited configuration of the motion area, so I don't see how 12 rectangles could be better. In addition you setup some areas with higher moption sensitivity then others all on the same camera. Plus I found the user interface about 10 times better with geo compared to ILDVR. I just wasn't impressed with ILDVR and it lacked many of the features of geo like POS and such. It's just my opinion of course, so take it for what it's worth.

Those hardware H.264 real time(un-real time) DVR cards with Center(remote) management software can do these three features.

such as:

KN1504/1508

KN404HCI/408HCI

and so forth.