Sign in to follow this  
liv4ree

Need some help

Hi guys. It's been a while since I've been here. I own a low voltage company. I do more 70 volt music systems, data and voice systems than cctv, so when I get them, I like to here from you guys.

I have a job that I'm bidding. It is a 2nd home. The customer wants cameras to cover the front, and back yards.

The front yard is approximately 30' from the house to the road, and 80' wide. The back yard is on the water/beach. From the back of the house to the water is 45', and the width is 102'.

The sides of the house/camp don't need coverage. This is a single story home. (ranch style)

My thinking is to place a camera under the eave at the far end of the house on both the front, and back, and point it toward the opposite side.

The back yard, and front will have a spot light with sensor. But I am looking for low light cameras. The cameras will be subject to extreme cold as this camp is on a lake.

The customer wants the ability to record from 2 to 4 weeks. I already have decided on the dedicated micros echo. There is no internet service so no need for ip cams.

The customer has a t.v. with a composite video input. It currently has a dvd player attached via this composite input.

I was thinking about possibly putting in an a/b switch so that when they want to watch video on the dvr they just switch to B, and when they want to watch a dvd, switch to a.

Does this sound possible?

Also, what cameras do you guys recommend? I need heaters/blowers. The customer doesn't need to see license plates or tatoos. He just wants to be able to see the basics.

Hopefully I've given you all a complete description. Thanks..