cachecreekcctv

Jog/Shuttle Control for DVR's

Just have to say that most people I have interacted with, who have transitioned from VHS systems, to DVR's, really enjoy the DVR's with Jog/Shuttle Button control options. I see that the new Speco's have that also. Do any of the "high end" DVR Manufacturers have this option also?

Just have to say that most people I have interacted with, who have transitioned from VHS systems, to DVR's, really enjoy the DVR's with Jog/Shuttle Button control options. I see that the new Speco's have that also. Do any of the "high end" DVR Manufacturers have this option also?

The JUG/SHUTLE button becomes almost a necessity when dealing with complicated or extended recorded footage. It certainly makes it worth your money since they allow faster and more accurate search, slow down and fast forward of video footage.

On the high end DVRs you will find this on the Mitsubishi DX-TL5000U, the SPECO DVRs, Mace RT2 series, Alcatraz JADV-1600, and JSD1600

The Honeywell Enterprise system has frame-by-frame forward and reverse playback and multi-speed slow motion to 128x fast playback via either a jog/shuttle on the interface or via their UltraKey keyboard.

Jog shuttle is great but you have to be careful. When somebody is recording continously and they playback a big block of video with jog shuttle, depending on how fast they go, they can skip over some video. It has happened a few times to some customers and we had to review the video for them, so just note that!

But, YES, most end users like the Jog Shuttle and also the Remote Controls! I think it would be neat to get a UHF remote instead of the traditional IR style.